How Clean Is Your House?
Mar 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 41
My wife and daughter have been out of town visiting the in laws this past week. So you guessed it, the house is a mess and I need to do laundry and wash the dishes. LOL Its garbage night so I better get it cleaned up now.
redface.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 41
Just my wife and myself. We eat out alot, work alot, and have a woman and her daughter who clean on mondays.
To quote my wife "If it wasnt for your clothes everywhere...this place would be spotless"

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clean. My wife cleans the house before the maid arrives. Drives me nuts. I go to the movies.

Is that insane or what? My wife does the same thing.

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 41
My house has me, my brother, my dad and 2 construction workers. We all have different eating paterns. It is an absolute mess even if we clean very often.

And my room isn't clean
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 41
Pretty clean. No food or clothes about and the maid comes every other week.

My problem is that horizontal surfaces tend to accumulate books, magazines, papers, CDs, LPs, and so on. I need more bookshelves and the discipline not to stack things up.

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My problem is that horizontal surfaces tend to accumulate books, magazines, papers, CDs, LPs, and so on. I need more bookshelves and the discipline not to stack things up.

That's a major problem at my place. Any table, armrest, counter, guitar amp, couch, box, etc. ends up with a stack of random stuff on it and then it's annoying to clean up.

Regarding maids.. My friend said that his maid was cleaning the house and she was in his sister's room. He walked to go to the bathroom and passed by his sister's room, looked in, and saw the maid smell his sister's deodorant, pause to think, and then put it on her armpits. Awkward.

Mar 6, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that insane or what? My wife does the same thing.

I do the same thing. Don't want the housekeeper to find herself in a total mess. I mean, I know she's paid to clean up the place but as she is getting somewhat older there's nothing wrong with helping her out a little.
So to answer the question, we tend to have a messy household at times with stuff like clothes, cds, books and the like laying around.

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #12 of 41
Pretty clean I would say.
I dust and vacuum about once a week.

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do the same thing. Don't want the housekeeper to find herself in a total mess. I mean, I know she's paid to clean up the place but as she is getting somewhat older there's nothing wrong with helping her out a little.
So to answer the question, we tend to have a messy household at times with stuff like clothes, cds, books and the like laying around.

IN this instance, it's hard to see where the line is to clean, after all as you said, it is her job. So, no heavy lifting, but if she's coming weekly or bi-weekly, I'd assume that 99% of the time, she should be able to handle it herself. If not, I'd hire someone else. Obviously, YMMV.

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IN this instance, it's hard to see where the line is to clean, after all as you said, it is her job. So, no heavy lifting, but if she's coming weekly or bi-weekly, I'd assume that 99% of the time, she should be able to handle it herself. If not, I'd hire someone else. Obviously, YMMV.

I meant I don't clean but I order things a little, like putting away the clothes, books and the like. The actual cleaning part is for her to do. She comes every week.
Hire someone else, easy to say, I don't just trust everyone around my stuff.
Besides, she first worked for the parents of my boyfriend and their parents, and one day she also started working at our place. She's like part of the family and real sweet, so not just any housekeeper, she's a keeper
cool.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 41
Messy, as I tend to leave clothes where I can find them. I have a giant cleaning woman in once a week so things stay neat for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back