How are the Sennheiser HD 595?
Jul 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #17 of 60
Well, if you're looking for a potent inexpensive headphone amp, how about Fiio's new E11?

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #19 of 60

Quote:
An amp does nothing for the hd595s, don't get one.

I'm in complete disagreement with that notion.  While the HD595 is easy to drive, it most certainly does benefit from quality amplification.  Heck, even my HD515 sound better amped.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #23 of 60

Quote:
whats a good amp i can get for a decent price. and wahst your opinion on the hd 595

A good place to start is is Fiio's E7/E9 combo for a desktop setup and or the E11 for a more portable setup.  The HD595 is very good headphone that works well with most genres especially acuostic, jazz, classical and rock.  It has an upfront, bright(for Sennheiser) sonic character that gives music a nice dynamic presentation.  While it is by no means a bass monster, the bass is tight, punchy and accurate though, it does struggle a bit with bass heavy music in terms of giving the listener that real thump.

Quote:
That's a downgrade, IMO.

How do you figure that?  The K701/2 boast a much bigger soundstage, better upper and lower frequency extension, better instrument seperation and a sound that is all but free from grain.  While one may or may not like the sonic character of the AKG's current flagships, there is no question that they are more technical capable than the HD595.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #26 of 60

Quote:
I own the FiiO E7/E9 combo.
The sound quality is literally exactly the same using only the E7 or E7 + E9.
You're wasting your money if you get an amp for the 595.

Really?  You didn't hear any improvement in your HD595 out of the Fiio combo?  Interesting.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #27 of 60

Quote:
ive had my hd 595 for a week in a half. i still dont know about an amp i hope it helps if i get one

Well, if you like the sound of your HD595 as is then an amp is not really necessary in your case.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #29 of 60

Quote:
they sound good but i want like a little more so i was hoping an amo would give me that. or i wamted to trade for k701

The trouble with this scenario is that while you don't necessarily need an amp with the HD595, you absolutely need an amp for the K701. Just something to keep in mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back