hotaudio40 's amps
Feb 17, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 771
Well I just want to say that I am the hotaudio40 of this tread, and I must say I am flattered and appreciative of all the nice things you guys are saying about my amps
smily_headphones1.gif
I really want to offer you guys the best possible sound that I can personally produce. I am a minimalist at heart, but a firm believer in Maximum quality. I will keep this post short, but I just wanted you all to know how much I enjoy your feedback and that I read all your comments and take everything said to heart. Thanks!

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #19 of 771
The Pocket Upgradeable Headphone Amp will drive about 2x as much power as a regular headphone output. So whatever you get out of you normal headphone out of an iPod , etc. double that. I have not tried AKG K701s but I know it will drive about twice as hard as an MP3 player output etc. Hope this helps. Dave.

Feb 24, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #20 of 771
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murcielago64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the 'Pocket Upgradeable High-Fidelity Headphone Amplifier' or the usb model be powerful enough to drive the AKG K701s?

I have both and they drive my Senn 580's just fine. I believe they are much harder to drive then the AKG's. If you have a good source, then the pocket amp works great. Clean, dynamic and clear sound. The USB dac is also an underrated performer at these prices.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #21 of 771
I received my USB DAC/headphone amp today and within an hour of playback, it started sounded excellent. Airy and spacious sound, Wonderfully light but crisp treble, compact but powerful bass, and a great soundstage. makes my k240s shine. I dont really have much to compare it with, as i am a new head-fi'er, but i know it sounds great! and at such a fair price too.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #22 of 771
I also just received my USB DAC today and it sounds excellent after a little burn-in! Comparable in my mind to my old Pionieer Elite CD player.

I will say however, that my AKG 601's needed a little more power to sound their best - I'm using this DAC with a headphone amp I bought from Biosciencegeek on ebay, and I'd have to say the two together sound excellent!

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #23 of 771
I have been using Dave's USB amp dac for a month or so. Hotaudio is doing some very good audio work. I run the amp dac off my laptop through a Lunchbox II with very satisfying results. This is a Hi-fidelity piece of audio equipment. Don't be fooled by the price. I find the amp dac to be neutral with an open soundstage and very detailed.

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #24 of 771
I bought a few weeks ago the USB DAC High Fidelity Digital Stereo Headphone Amplifier with PCM2707 and very satisfied.
The shipping even to Europe was very cheap and fast.
Highly recommended.

Apr 9, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #26 of 771
Quote:

Originally Posted by boba6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a few weeks ago the USB DAC High Fidelity Digital Stereo Headphone Amplifier with PCM2707 and very satisfied.
The shipping even to Europe was very cheap and fast.
Highly recommended.

I also bought this USB DAC/amp a few weeks ago, and it has been serving me quite well. I doubt there's a USB DAC / amp on the market today with a higher price / performance ratio. hotaudio40 also sells it by the name of HotUSB1. My model has the USB cable attached, which works fine for me. The ones now selling are the same but come with a detachable USB cable.

The only reason I'm now looking to upgrade is I wished the HotUSB1 drove my HD580 to louder volumes. It drives them loud enough by I'm sure most people's standards, but I want my HD580 to be driven very loud. I assume the HotUSB1 would drive more efficient or easier to drive headphones louder. My next step with my HotUSB1 likely will be to add an inline amp like this: computer's USB > HotUSB1 > amp > HD580.

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #29 of 771
anyone want to compare this to the emu 0404 usb or ibasso dacs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back