Horribly harsh treble, is it the iPod's fault?
Oct 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Yes, iPod do have horrible treble... Never tried the iTouch 2nd Gen, but I tried the iClassic 80GB, lows are great, others, bad specially treble... It might be a bit awful to change from Touch 2 to Sansa Clip+. How about a portable AMP? Or you might as well consider a Creative player or Sony Walkman. They both have good sound. Or maybe you can try convert all your music to WAV using iTunes like what I did fixed harshing treble on my iPod Nano 3...
I used to have the same problem as you... After converting to WAV, all fixed...

LOL, where to start?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Thanks alot to everyone for responding!
I have at almost all my music 320kbps, some are loseless and very few are low quality (the lowest is 180kbps, but there really aren't many like that).
Changing the EQ makes it sound more confined which I don't really like, but thanks for the tip anyway :) Even with rock the treble still bothers me. Treble reducer does make it a little better but I don't really like the overall sound, having the EQ on off feels cleaner and wider. Things like Jazz that don't have harsh or sharp treble in them sound excellent though.
I'd love to try the WAV thing BilsonChang007 mentioned, though I don't really understand how and what you meant :p
I kinda think it's the headphone's fault, today I got a chance for like 2 mintues with the HD428 and the treble sounded pretty good. I also got a chance at trying headphones like the Shure SRH440 and the HD25-1 II with the iPod and the treble sounded fine. I think I should just buy new headphones ^^"
Do you think I should buy something like the Fiio E6? Will it help?

I don't know thwe touch2 but unless you need the power or bass boost, I would say no to the e6 on both the touch3 and 4. I don't find mine sibilant. The 3g can be a bit lean on low impedance phones and the 4 a bit more forward sounding in general than absolutely perfect but they are both VG DAPs without sibilance etc.

Converting MP3 to wav is a great way to take up more space with less information.
wink_face.gif
 Silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back