Homemade headphones!!
Jul 31, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #31 of 40
If you have a Goodwill, Value Village, or St. Vincent De Paul store in your area, I'd suggest checking them for parts. Hell, my brother found a fully working pair of Sony V6's that just needed new fabric around the foam padding, and I found a semi working (has a carousel alignment issue) Denon DCM 350 cd player, which was killer for a player made in 1990- it even had coaxial digital output, which I've never seen in another used deck, but was surpassed by a really robust looking LaserDisc player I've seen. It's worth checking over there if you have the chance, IMHO.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 31, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #32 of 40
good idea, they also seem to have lots of thing with speekers in them! hehe, im going to have fun with some of those things!

Jul 31, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I guess OP could punch out some holes in the sides of the enclosures. Much, much better.

yeah, it doesnt necassarily have to be closed. im guessing if he use a sodering iron, he can use a power drill lol.

Jul 31, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Not to crap the thread or anything, but I gotta ask: Are you a memeber of BitPimps' forums? I do RC mods too, but they are for Bit Char-G cars and their clones- I'm also a member over at BP. But getting a ZipZaps car (I'm assuming you do SE models) to push 15-20 mph is a freaking achievement. Good job!
biggrin.gif
Abe

im guessing he did the mosfet mod?

Jul 31, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #35 of 40
nope, mosfets are too tiny, i used a 4 cell batt pack and a motor salvaged from an RC plane. lets not talk about rc's though, lets not post about off topic stuff in any forum besides the off topic one, and like i said i USED to be into RC's. But thanks for all the positive feedback, guys.I did a little daydreaming and (i know were not supposed to post about pyramid schemes but...) i could do a couple free offers and sell them on ebay then get a paper rout, this way i can save for parts and i can sell. If i do sell any of them, it will be a totaly custom thing, you choose the drivers, cables and connectors and you can pick from some old headphone enclosures to house the stuff in or buyers can mail in there own and i will hook 'em up!
icon10.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #37 of 40
otaku, we should put our products together and rule the audio world. with your headpones and my speakers we cant go wrong!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 10:07 AM Post #38 of 40
Actually, if i can get enough money to start selling products then that would be cool. Im working on another pair of headphones, but these wont be the big kind, there pretty small but there really loud, im going to recable them with some of this cable i found, i think its like profesional microphone stuff , because i found 2 sources for it and they both had microphones on them.

Aug 2, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #40 of 40
wat are u bumping for?

save up for some skull crushers and add the mini subwoofers behind their drivers into you headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back