Homemade headphones!!
Jul 31, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 40
Hey, umm can you guys try to refrain from using technical terms and model names unless you can describe what it means, cus I dont know tons of audio related terms yet, is there a specific thread dedicated to technical terms and whatnot?

Jul 31, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #17 of 40
Koss KSC-75's, headphones known for their amazing sound for 40 bucks.

stick their drivers into a house like those earmuffs tha block out sounds that people use on construction sites. i saw some at homedepot and they even had one with a built in FM radio lol.

oh! i tried something with those funnel speakers i made, before i assembled them, i put the open side of the funnel to my ear to see what they would sound like if they were positioned like headphones and the sound was so surprisingly good. all i have to do is get another spare driver and another evian bottle, a coat hanger and i got some funky cones instead of cans.

Jul 31, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
Koss KSC-75's, headphones known for their amazing sound for 40 bucks.

More like 20 USD
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #19 of 40
Jul 31, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ e
More like 20 USD
wink.gif

my bad, 40 Canadian.

Jul 31, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 40
I don't know about the headphone you are presently churning out, but if you keep this hobby and enthusiasm up, you could be giving John Grado and other manufacturers a real run for their money when you grow up and learn stuff more to its depth.

Just don't give up and in the future, all of us here may be buying cans from you
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
Sorry,but the ksc drivers sound horrible inside a sealed enclosure.They need lots of air.I have tried.See sig.
blink.gif

I guess OP could punch out some holes in the sides of the enclosures. Much, much better.

Jul 31, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #24 of 40
yeah, well ifi can find a place that sells headphone enclosures, and a place that sells good speaker or headphone drivers, i can prolly sell a couple, through some links on the moon-audio site i found some really good drivers for around $10! If i can get some very small full range and some small tweeters i can make a pair of those multiple driver headphones. When I get home (im at my grandmas) i think im gonna cobble up another set, but i wont be able to listen to them yet, i need another cable, but i saw one at radioshack, if i make a new pair, im prolly going to sell them, maybey for $10-15 OBO. Also , does anyone know if the radioshack connectors are good or not?

Jul 31, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otaku11
i have done some sweet rc car mdifications, like making a zipzap go about 15-20 mph.

Not to crap the thread or anything, but I gotta ask: Are you a memeber of BitPimps' forums? I do RC mods too, but they are for Bit Char-G cars and their clones- I'm also a member over at BP. But getting a ZipZaps car (I'm assuming you do SE models) to push 15-20 mph is a freaking achievement. Good job!
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 31, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

i am a member, i just dont do rc anymore, i also am a member of microrccenter.com too.

Huh? I thought I was the only BP member here. Small world, eh? And I just went to micro rc center, it's not a bad site, I might have to poke around a little further. My best achievement with mini RC's so far was making a Bit charge for 3 minutes and run for 25 using a special nimh rechargeable. If I take a hiatus from HeadFi for a bit, I might just get back into my growing collection of the stuff, especially since Tower Hobbies makes it so inexpensive.

PM or email me, we can continue RC conversations there if ya like.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 31, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

contained in a bag made 100% out of duct tape. ( yes i love duct tape) . Im not trying to be mean or anything, i just want you guys to take me seriusly. and also about the headphones,the problem is that there dorky looking, but im still gonna wear them in public ( its a geek thing).

Duct tape? Rock on!!

Who gives a **** about the age? Just be mature, and everyone will take you seriously....
Not that they aren't already....
biggrin.gif
You're doing something right....

I bet most people on here don't know what age I am....

But anyway, have some fun with the cans - see if you can get more bass....try bigger enclosure, ports.....new drivers...Open enclosures...
Just play and experiement, and....well, grado has competition....
rs1smile.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #30 of 40
Thanks, and yeah , duct tape is awesome, i have made 3 backpacks, 6 wallets, a hat, an ipod case, 2 guitaur straps, flipflops, many necklaces and bracelets and binders out of 100% duct tape, look it up on google, theres lots of dedicated sites! Also, when i get my allowence, im seriously conscidering to order some damping foam and cable, im going to have to save like $30 and build some really good headphones, i probably wont get the money for a month but hey, its worth it! Hehe, is anyone willing to donate an old enclosure to a widdle boy
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back