• IMG_7527.jpeg
    IMG_7527.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7516.png
    IMG_7516.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #15,918 of 15,989
Hi everyone,

I started the hobby three years ago. I want to go deeper yet the diminishing return and the price is holding me back. Im still a student so I dont have the capability to buy really expensive iem. So I guess I'll start to make my own iem and in return customize my frequency response. I don't know much of building one but I believe I have enough skills working with resin and some circuits.

I plan to make a three driver setup with three way crossover, yet studying signal filtering, cause me confusion on why do everyone only use simple circuits.

Are these diagrams overkill? Or there are something Im missing out, like the drivers' resistance simplify these diagrams that makes them insignificant. Wouldn't there be any signal noise if these kinds of circuits were not used?

The diagrams in the first img are just my sketched diagram of what I think might be a three-way crossover. Is this applicable for an iem or is it just exclusive for speakers?

Something missing: How will you fit the components in the shell? :) I'd skip the notch filters at first.

Don't forget about physical tuning also, much more predictable than electronic. You have to use both together.

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #15,928 of 15,989
KZ PR2 with usound UT-P2018 mems speaker, dry fit. There is a clear angle to drill and connect the sound bore.Screenshot_20240407_194146_Gallery.jpg

How did you power the MEMS?

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #15,929 of 15,989
How did you power the MEMS?
I have the usound amp for a desktop / tuning solution, but planning to use the guts from some Fauna audio glasses for wireless and see how that sounds. I may need to revive an old cell phone to get access to a functioning Fauna app, haven't quite gotten that far yet. Finding a case and a battery for the usound amp would require big pockets to carry around, but is possible.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #15,930 of 15,989
This is my scheme drawing ✍️
Hope it makes sense.
Also, I use 1mmID tubing with a yellow damper. The smaller sized diameter will also not require much of an l-pad as it will squash the mids and highs peak(s). I usually just use a single series resistor in place of the l-pad. The l-pad I HAVE to implement when using the sonion 33 or even the knowles CI. Sonion 38’s with ferrofluid do not require too much tuning as they have such a natural slope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back