Home-Made IEMs
Oct 15, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #10,216 of 16,094
And for those who dares to try, this is for MASM7.

I havent tested it yet.
<attachments>

The hole is a bit large since u're gonna be shoving a damper inside.

Links:
Faceplate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bh1KrWnnY8I6uxkaI-2jMmQt98TPz1-i
Shell: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13dDN2XpGMYXZkYfY0KdFq4t8KndmF_JP

Please do inform me of the result, i really need the feedback.

Awesome work what you did here!

In your experience, how well defined such a model would come out of an SLA printer? What are the biggest annoyances one normally goes through when printing with resin?

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #10,217 of 16,094
Awesome work what you did here!

In your experience, how well defined such a model would come out of an SLA printer? What are the biggest annoyances one normally goes through when printing with resin?

The overall shape should be the same, the dlp printer might deviate a little, 0,1-0,3mm, especially on small hole, such as th hole for the ba, and tubes, it will come out slightly smaller than the model.

I've modelled the hole slightly bigger about 0,2 or 0,3mm, so that i'll come out just right.

It wont be much an issue on sla, since it has better resolution than dlp.

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #10,218 of 16,094
Just finished a new set of 6 drivers which was based on the original UERM which I then tweaked to achieve a measured flat response. Actually sounds really good and not bass anemic at all. Impedance plot is horrible though, just like the original, oh wells.

Drivers were 2x CI22955, 1 of eAudio's dual 29689 (more like a Sonion 2389D), and 1x SWFK31736 (eAudio's).

Used tiny colored stones on the face plate and covered it in resin. Worked out pretty nicely.

DSC_0744.JPG
DSC_0745.JPG

X6 (UERM)2.png

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #10,219 of 16,094
Just finished a new set of 6 drivers which was based on the original UERM which I then tweaked to achieve a measured flat response. Actually sounds really good and not bass anemic at all. Impedance plot is horrible though, just like the original, oh wells.

Drivers were 2x CI22955, 1 of eAudio's dual 29689 (more like a Sonion 2389D), and 1x SWFK31736 (eAudio's).

Used tiny colored stones on the face plate and covered it in resin. Worked out pretty nicely.

Nice to have you back

Well, did you use ED29689dual as center tapped or normal

Because of you have used normal, we can add zobel to ED..

Then you can slightly change cross or damper setting and we can correct over previous design

But then I am late....since you build it already

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #10,220 of 16,094
Nice to have you back

Then you can slightly change cross or damper setting and we can correct over previous design

The driver is parallel, there's no center tap actually for eAudio's Dual 29689 drivers. I did use a zobel for it from trial and error but I think the difference in impedance between the bass and treble drivers is too big. I used white damper for each driver. Each driver uses a 2mm x 10mm PVC tube, and each tube ends 5mm away from the end of the nozzle so there's some horn like structure.

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #10,221 of 16,094

very beautiful job

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #10,222 of 16,094
Nice to have you back

@Xymordos post the impedance and phase graph, so we can understand the core issue and drawback of design...and then do some test with same driver different electronics to get same FR while having relatively flat impedance

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #10,223 of 16,094
@ericj I would like to see your driver pics first

And I have to find Westone 3 already released FR somewhere before we actually continue with tuning

That's why I paused

Sorry for no pics yet, I thought that got derailed. I will look for them again soon. They are in the original westone box somewhere, I am pretty sure i know where but not certain.

What is meant by "damper" in this context?

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #10,224 of 16,094
Oct 16, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #10,225 of 16,094
@Xymordos post the impedance and phase graph, so we can understand the core issue and drawback of design...and then do some test with same driver different electronics to get same FR while having relatively flat impedance

Here it is, it looks similar to the UERM graph too lol.

upload_2019-10-16_21-39-56.png

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #10,227 of 16,094
100Hz to 700Hz peak impedance can be fixed with CR .

the issue is rolling treble impedance, because it will need a inductive coil pretty big

The zobel didn't work on it since the crossover point is too high and I had to keep the freq response the same as it is now. Though from listening tests this config sounded really good and had a spherical sound stage so I just finalized on this version.

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #10,228 of 16,094
The zobel didn't work on it since the crossover point is too high and I had to keep the freq response the same as it is now. Though from listening tests this config sounded really good and had a spherical sound stage so I just finalized on this version.
i mean, we have to zobel the whole setup instead of drivers

well i have to see how to solve it

@Ivan TT might be able to do it

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #10,230 of 16,094
Just finished printing those shells. Can’t wait to put some juice in ‘em boiz.
That both are MASM 7 .
LoL

@stephensynanta16 empty shell can fit the SCARY. Which means the shell is perfect for this thread.

I have a question

I need two drivers
One driver which peaks at 2kHz and 4kHz with dip at 3kHz.

And another driver having peak at 3kHz and small peak at 5kHz.

And both driver should be near in sensitivity and impedance DCR.

I want to tune resonance and decomb them. So I am not damping resonances but using resonance to tune. And resonance, if tuned properly can sound grand.

DML speaker experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back