Home-Made IEMs
Oct 25, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #10,246 of 15,974
Guys is Alibaba the only place to get the 10 & 14mm Planar drivers ? do they sell in small quantity like 1-2 pairs?

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #10,247 of 15,974
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #10,248 of 15,974
Oct 26, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #10,250 of 15,974
Big Update guys!

MASM 7 Reborn (easier than ever), made possible by the help of @dhruvmeena96

Disclaimer: might or will sound different from the regular build, since we're using different tube material & slightly alter the zobel using easier to find component.

728378.jpg 728379.jpg

No need to to do extra work, almost everthing was 3d printed(tube, BA mount, mmcx mounting, pcb Mount), integrated into the shell

STL links:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yGw0EpCd44TYAePnwlNiKSalUp56inNU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ymxqtwum8yw-avV6yLavAoVgbl9jGTiu

BRD for zobel:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fF1GVznc29R9Ic7dj6x1k_NHe8hPS2Gs

Assembly Guide:
1. Print the PCB (it can fit 1,6mm, but 1mm dual layer is recomended, or anything thinner is even better)
2. Print the Shell (SLA, DLP will do the job, but need some post processing)
2.A. Sand the shell to remove leftover from printing support, you can also coat the inside with clear paint/nail polish in this step to get crystal clear finish inside the shell.
3. Solder everything in place:
upload_2019-10-26_21-33-57.png
upload_2019-10-26_21-41-45.png
A. 15 Ohm SMD 1206
B. 10 Ohm SMD 1206
C. 22 Micro Farrad Caps 0805
D. 82 Ohm 1206
E. 4,7 Micro Farrad Caps 0603 (this one is a bit different from original recipe, easier to find)

4. Solder all the wire, connector & BA (RAB-32033 & Bellsing 10013), the shell will fit Slotted MMCX. Please note the wire orientation & wire length while soldering everything, please consider the way we're gonna put it into the shell.
5. cut some tubes in a very small length, just to fit into the BA's spout to function as an adapter & seal.
USE EPOXY GLUE/NAIL POLISH TO GLUE THE TUBES, i've been constantly prying open my masm7 everyday for 3 days, tingkering around on each component, only to find the issue was the tube seal leakage
728427.jpg

6. use 2,2mm drill to enlarge the BZ6 Hole from the nozzle, (only if needed), make sure you stop after drilling 10mm.
7. Put the damper in BZ6 nozzle hole, white damper at 10mm(it'll stop at 10mm, since i incorporated a stopper inside the tube), brown damper at the nozzle.
8. Assemble everything in place.You may use some glue to hold the BA in place, or cut some tube as spacer between the BA and inner wall(non-permanent build, might alter the sound)
9. The mmcx should have some space around it, fill it with some epoxy glue.
10. close & glue the faceplate.
11. Do the finishing touch, either clear nail polish, spray paint, or anything as you see fit

The shell is thick for sure. will do update for a thinner shell.

Hope this will help everyone.

Changelog from the original MASM7 recipe:
- slightly different caps for RAB zobel
- RAB's tube is stretched to 30mm for phase correction, calculated by @dhruvmeena96

Attachments

• 727909.jpg
    727909.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 727909.jpg
    727909.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #10,252 of 15,974
Hello everyone.....

There is something I would love to ask.

I want to make project bass cannon
Issue is, no sonion drivers for this one

And the condition for this build is that I want to preserve the sound and not make it bloated or aggressively warm.

I just want pure heart shaking subbass roar and rumble.

Any ideas or build.

Oct 27, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #10,253 of 15,974
Hello everyone.....

And the condition for this build is that I want to preserve the sound and not make it bloated or aggressively warm.

Any ideas or build.
Listening to x4 RAF no spouts in series as I type.
It has the best bass (better than GV or GK or BS6 all zobeled) both in volume and slam/impact especially electronic music that has good sub-bass, while measures very to similar to them (to about 1kHz).
So while it may not be exactly what you are after as it is warm and has a bit of noticeable mid-bass bleed, it’s a worthwhile build to try.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #10,254 of 15,974
It has the best bass (better than GV or GK or BS6 all zobeled) both in volume and slam/impact especially electronic music that has good sub-bass, while measures very to similar to them (to about 1kHz).
So while it may not be exactly what you are after as it is warm and has a bit of noticeable mid-bass bleed, it’s a worthwhile build to try.
Thanks for the reply

But I am using RAB32037 x 4 parallel

First reason
Quad series RAB series combined inductance is lower than that of single RAB32037

Second reason
It doesnt have spout.

Third reason
It is predamped driver

Will see how it goes.

By the way I have tried quad RAB32033 series, liked a lot but needs a lot of power to play

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #10,255 of 15,974
Does that mean you have figured out a Zobel for the GV? Are you willing to share?

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #10,256 of 15,974
Hello everyone.....

Any ideas or build.
What about a sony mh750 like tuning? Harman with bass boost

Oct 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #10,259 of 15,974
Hi guys! I haven't posted in a while but I'm really happy about this new pair I made trying to copy that swirl effect like some of the Noble, Custom Art etc ones, so I wanted to share them with you! Simple GV inside nothing fancy, I was going for aesthetics on this one :wink:
Nice looking pair...

And the more I see sexy shells, the more I become sad..
Hahahhahaha

I tried making one more custom shell for my ear and the resin cracked when it was curing.

Now, it is 3D printing for life.

By the way, anybody, who has links for unbranded good cable for iem

On taobao or aliexpress

It should not have brand printed on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back