Home-Made IEMs
Jun 21, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #9,361 of 15,989
@dhruvmeena96 what are your thoughs on tubes and resonance?

Tia Drivers are good. Deloading the acoustic resistance due to 5th or 6th order speaker cabinet(yes speaker are like that, and making them normal 1st order to 2nd order. This way, any one can extract more mid range and treble and tune to preferences.

It makes BA very fast(I mean very very fast) and somewhat makes electrical phase flat and easy to integrate in design.

It acts something in between planar and ribbon speaker to be exact.

But Tia design on shell is very hard and has no added benefit(if any, that would be peak less output and less overall acoustic load per driver reducing distortion by 10%). But the same can be done with slightly more driver and better FR matched tuning.

Tia Fourté is a IEM where they save a lot of bucks due to better engineering. Consumer are paying for science behind it.

I have listened to it. Its spacious and smooth, bit it doesnt feel BA like sharp. I feel I am lacking the imaging. I think they are near the true TIA concept but it needs some crazy Finite element calculation for each and every curve and behaviour of speaker in certain geometry of TIA.(they sound slightly hollow and distant too...but in a good way)

I have 64audio U12T and Tia driver works flawlessly good.

You dont have to open the whole BA though, just open. The front enough to get most of diaphragm radiating.

Unique melody iem is partial top open to make it act like a BA but also have same electrical plot to normal speaker so they can use it normally like a normal BA and get simplified calculation for precise crossover.

They are good, but simple engineering and science with right mindset and calculation can achieve same thing.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #9,362 of 15,989
It feels like a Knowles standard measuring unit

Well done bro.....so now we got a homemade mic as per our calibrations..

Nice

Design is ready.

Finale 1

28mm tubing dampens the 6kHz of 7mm tubing. But due to long structure damping, the effect of damping decreases...so it is like slight damping filter, to the exact need.

The 56mm tubing targets the 3kHz peak. This makes the 3Hz more tame(long tube and smaller ID rolls off, which make the 3kHz strength lower than main tube, which controls the ability to cancel, so it act as a damper within it self.

Twin resonator is used for mixing phases, muffling peaks and creating a decay(natural echo artificially). Plus it helps in variable insertion depth in universal IEM, as it averages the peaks into smaller single broad peak.

Finally RAB-p famous horn structure

No dampers....

Parallel with zobel

RAB32063.

Why I am using closed BA. Because this much of tubing and structure if coupled with bass can lead to bass overhaul.

I want a straight line response with rising treble after 9kHz in BA.

I was late at posting, as I got blackening of gums due to heavy metal tartar build up(old medicine poison coming up....really old medicine when I was admitted).

Design is ready, did the simulation

Now its turn to make it real

Well I have patented it.
Can use for Homemade IEM, but please dont manufacture it.

It is for science purposes only and for understanding and education purposes

And I am a solo guy right now....so I can post anything for now...no company obligation
Does RAB 32257 works the same way with this design. I’m curious because I have 2 pair pf 32257 now

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #9,363 of 15,989
Does RAB 32257 works the same way with this design. I’m curious because I have 2 pair pf 32257 now
It will, but bass deviation and increase in bass with some crazy decay would happen.

Wait I am uploading more universal design for headfi ERS to make.

3driver (seriously any RAB) and can make tune it the way you like...

I will provide formulaes and ease of building

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #9,364 of 15,989
It will, but bass deviation and increase in bass with some crazy decay would happen.

Wait I am uploading more universal design for headfi ERS to make.

3driver (seriously any RAB) and can make tune it the way you like...

I will provide formulaes and ease of building
Thanks for you kind reply. I’m interseted in these damper-less design because I’m quite short on damper and ordering just a pair of damper from taobao is such a pain. I also found some fake APEX model, will it make any changes to the sound?

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #9,365 of 15,989
Thanks for you kind reply. I’m interseted in these damper-less design because I’m quite short on damper and ordering just a pair of damper from taobao is such a pain. I also found some fake APEX model, will it make any changes to the sound?
It may and it may not

The only advantages of these module for me were slight bass SQ and that deafening air suction thingie which you open it by pinching nose and releasing air from ear.

Damperless are superior in everything, just hard to predict the effect of ripple cancellation effect.

Bass sound tight, treble becomes airier and midrange is stunning beyond words

Finale 2 defeats focal Utopia in midrange treble detail. A iem beating worlds best headphone by tyll

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #9,367 of 15,989
IMG_20190621_210156.jpg
IMG_20190621_210202.jpg
IMG_20190621_210208.jpg
IMG_20190621_210214.jpg
IMG_20190621_210225.jpg
IMG_20190621_210231.jpg
IMG_20190621_210237.jpg

Hope you guys get it

And always end these design with resonator as it helps in ear drum and canal impedance mismatch

As ripple design can create trouble with fitting issues

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #9,368 of 15,989

Hope you guys get it

And always end these design with resonator as it helps in ear drum and canal impedance mismatch

As ripple design can create trouble with fitting issues
One small question but how do you guys fit thatmuch of tube into a shell? Do we even need bigger shell?

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #9,369 of 15,989
One small question but how do you guys fit thatmuch of tube into a shell? Do we even need bigger shell?
Yes you will...but not by much

Taobao has some semi custom big shell maker for cheap(very cheap)

Even aliexpress has(35$ a pair) which is expensive.

But yup

And did you read the theory

I hope I wrote it simple enough

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #9,370 of 15,989
Yes you will...but not by much

Taobao has some semi custom big shell maker for cheap(very cheap)

Even aliexpress has(35$ a pair) which is expensive.

But yup

And did you read the theory

I hope I wrote it simple enough
Yes i understand the theory. However I need to do some more calculation because I’m gonna use the EST too. Which frequency does the EST cover tho? Above 6kHz I suppose?

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #9,372 of 15,989
Above 7.4kHz
So if I want to dampen RAB frequency of 7.4 kHz, I need (340/7400)/2 =~23mm right?

Then support RAB 28mm + main RAB 7mm to 4mmID resonator, then sp RAB 23mm + main RAB 7mm to 3mmID resonator, then RAB-p horn.
E25ST in parallel with 940uF cap in series.
And zobel in parallel.
I think I’m gonna drill a larger hole in the multi hole nozzle to fit 3 ID tube for RAB-p horn. I hope it works :)

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #9,373 of 15,989
So if I want to dampen RAB frequency of 7.4 kHz, I need (340/7400)/2 =~23mm right?

Then support RAB 28mm + main RAB 7mm to 4mmID resonator, then sp RAB 23mm + main RAB 7mm to 3mmID resonator, then RAB-p horn.
E25ST in parallel with 940uF cap in series.
And zobel in parallel.
I think I’m gonna drill a larger hole in the multi hole nozzle to fit 3 ID tube for RAB-p horn. I hope it works :)
Yup...
But its still dual bore

From RAB horn and EST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back