Home-Made IEMs
Mar 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #6,121 of 15,983

Could you elaborate why you shouldn't care too much about 10KHz to 20KHz?

I think what he meant was about the coupler & measurement.

For one thing the coupler: it just isn't accurate above 10kHz, so it can only show a tendency. Additionally there usually isn't much music information above 10kHz, so I really wouldn't give to much weight to this area.

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #6,122 of 15,983
  That looks surprisingly like the sony drivers

Haven't someone posted an info-graphic for some new BA driver few months ago? I think it was called something like HD balanced aramture or something... there were bunch of different set ups for bass, highs are fullrange, they looked exactly like those.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #6,124 of 15,983
  Haven't someone posted an info-graphic for some new BA driver few months ago? I think it was called something like HD balanced aramture or something... there were bunch of different set ups for bass, highs are fullrange, they looked exactly like those.

Hmm..I haven't seen those. Do you know which company produced these? 

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #6,125 of 15,983
Flyingbananna, that crossover circuit board is awsome, where did you get it ?  Do you know if they make them for different armature bundles ?  I am looking for a crossover design for a HODVTEC and a TWFK.

Thanks

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #6,130 of 15,983
Hi all,

I just wanted to post about my experience with getting my impressions scanned for eventual 3D printing.

I accepted @MIke M's offer for scanning services as I had not been able to find anyone that could do it for anywhere near a reasonable price. It cost me $10 plus shipping ($32 total with return shipping), compared to the $130 I was quoted elsewhere.

I mailed the impressions last Monday (Canada to Kansas), and they arrived this morning. I received my STL files this afternoon, and confirmed in CAD they are excellent quality scans. The resolution is good enough to pick up small flaws in the impression itself (which I plan to fix in software).

I wholeheartedly recommend anyone looking to scan impressions contact Mike, you will not be disappointed.

Now to see what I can do with making much more consistent shells in CAD and getting them printed.

Jody

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #6,132 of 15,983

Spent some time searching but this is it. http://www.tradekorea.com/product/detail/P580353/Balanced-Armature-Driver.html

Their woofer's response looks shockingly good...

Edit: https://clarityfidelity.blogspot.hk/2016/06/tsst-earnine-en2-iem.html 

The company's called Toshiba-Samsung-Storage Technology o.O

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #6,134 of 15,983
Anyone tried emulating the Pristine HUM?

With the design/build I am working on now that was the inspiration. However, without any direct knowledge of the drivers and caps/resistors they are using, the inspiration is more of the "less is more" design philosophy.

Hopefully I can get something approximating their frequency response, with maybe a touch more low end.

Have you found any information regarding the exact components they are using?

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #6,135 of 15,983
I'm new to Head-fi. Like many noob's, I have been reading for a while before officially joining and starting to ask questions.

I have not run across this question in my reading, or via a keyword search. I apologize in advance if I am revisiting a pre-existing discussion.

I have a set of impressions, made by an audiologist. They are still "unmodified" in any way. Is it possible/advisable to make a silicone mold of the "original" impressions? My thought process was simply to do this as a fail safe. If I should screw something up while trying to modify to the final casting shape ... I would have a mold to re-create a new "unmodified" set of impressions. Or, I could just use it to create more copies to practice the trimming and modification process.

Any input would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back