Home-Made IEMs
Nov 3, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #5,479 of 15,984
Hi all, I'm truly amazed by the amazing work and art you all can do, and I am inspired myself to make my own set of IEMs, perhaps a universal with a Shure shell at first ,and then maybe a custom. But, I'm very new to this and I have a couple questions. In the picture below, the MMCX connector has 3 lil prong things, where the drivers are soldered on to. One of those wires is negative, and one is positive? What about that 3rd prong on the MMCX? Do you just solder the 2 wires onto any 2 prongs? Also, I would make a multi driver iem but I don't understand how connecting BA's together works. Can someone explain this to me please?

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #5,482 of 15,984
Hi everyone, I'm still searching for a viable inexpensive UV resin to use (ideally sourced locally to cut down on shipping times). I've done more research and discovered DLP/SLA UV resins and wanted to see if anyone had tried any of them. I'm considering buying some of the MakerJuice resin since it's quite a bit cheaper and seems to be well regarded. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with it? I've really enjoyed seeing all the growth and amazing developments and contributions from everyone here. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #5,483 of 15,984
  Hi everyone, I'm still searching for a viable inexpensive UV resin to use (ideally sourced locally to cut down on shipping times). I've done more research and discovered DLP/SLA UV resins and wanted to see if anyone had tried any of them. I'm considering buying some of the MakerJuice resin since it's quite a bit cheaper and seems to be well regarded. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with it? I've really enjoyed seeing all the growth and amazing developments and contributions from everyone here. Thanks for the encouragement!

I have not used those types of resins as I do not have a 3D printer, so I am not sure if UV nail dryers (or cure chambers others have built) will have the wattage to cure it properly. I would definitely be curious to find out.

I think my biggest concern would be whether or not it is reactive with skin. I know Fotoplast, etc is harmless because that is its use case, but I highly recommend looking more closely into the other resins to make sure it will not have any negative health issues.

UPDATE:

I was curious, so I checked out their website and found a material safety data sheet for the resins (in the Support section). It is classified as a category 2 skin irritant, but it does not say if that is true for when it is cured as well.

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #5,484 of 15,984
Yeah I saw that in the MSDS too and I'm assuming that the irritant factor is only for the uncured resin. Anyway, I think I'll give it a shot, for Science! 
etysmile.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #5,485 of 15,984
I wouldn't waste your cash on that. 3D printer materials need a highly focused beam of light, they seem to have more UV blockers so that only an exact area cures and nothing around it. I've tried since I have a couple printers anyway. When you use fotoplast in a printer you'll get a big blob of cured material.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #5,489 of 15,984
Anyone try adding an extra Knowles CI-22955  with a GK-31732-000 to make a quad driver? How do I connect it to the GK-31732-000 or is the impedance mismatch an issue? Thanks and sorry because I don't know how to post a new thread, did a search and couldn't find a how-to.
Thanks!
Tony

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #5,490 of 15,984
  Anyone try adding an extra Knowles CI-22955  with a GK-31732-000 to make a quad driver? How do I connect it to the GK-31732-000 or is the impedance mismatch an issue? Thanks and sorry because I don't know how to post a new thread, did a search and couldn't find a how-to.
Thanks!
Tony

I'd play around with disconnecting (electrically not physically) CI from GK module and wiring both CI in seires, to me that would be the most interesting way to approach this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back