Home-Made IEMs
Oct 28, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #5,462 of 16,032
Shiloh, I found a viable agar-agar recipe specifically for the negative of CIEMs.

"The usage is very simple, the proportion of agar powder and water, 1: 25-35. The optimum ratio of 1 and 30. The side thrown into cold water while stirring. Until completely dissolved, then heated to boiling state is cooled to about 60 degrees on the down mode. If there will be less water bubbles. But the cool air bubbles disappear. . Heating pan can also be used directly, or directly with boiling water prepared and 100 degrees, but when reconstituted attention to stir. Induction heating is disabled, or easy to paste. Water heaters, direct heating means as heating. Note Do not paste pot stirred it, then boil it can be used. Then wait a little to cool to below about 60 degrees can pour the mold. Useless spent agar can be stored in the refrigerator. Agar can be reused.Recommended dug contact with agar resin, or affect the second transparency."

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #5,463 of 16,032
Shiloh, I found a viable agar-agar recipe specifically for the negative of CIEMs.

"The usage is very simple, the proportion of agar powder and water, 1: 25-35. 
The optimum ratio of 1 and 30. The side thrown into cold water while stirring. 
Until completely dissolved, then heated to boiling state is cooled to about 60 degrees on the down mode. 
If there will be less water bubbles. 
But the cool air bubbles disappear. 

Heating pan can also be used directly, or directly with boiling water prepared and 100 degrees, but when reconstituted attention to stir. 
Induction heating is disabled, or easy to paste. 
Water heaters, direct heating means as heating. 
Note Do not paste pot stirred it, then boil it can be used. 
Then wait a little to cool to below about 60 degrees can pour the mold. 
Useless spent agar can be stored in the refrigerator. 
Agar can be reused.
Recommended dug contact with agar resin, or affect the second transparency."
1 teaspoon to 30ml of water? No additives for strengthening?

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #5,465 of 16,032
  Guys, here is a nice video showing Westone making a custom marble shell

https://twitter.com/eear_takuya/status/785558955057557504/video/1

He sure could waist less fotoplast :)

Interesting. Are there any pictures of the result online? I was not able to find any.

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #5,471 of 16,032
Does it indicate whether they will sold as a multi unit such as the GQ and GK drivers.

This is excatly what they are. Same as GQ and GK but with BK+FK and HODVTEC+TWFK - plug and play units with pre-wired corssovers.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it.

Well the file says it's confidential...

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #5,474 of 16,032
  How can a custom crossover improve sound from the Knowles manufactured one?

Improving, don't know about that but different.

Well, it depends on a few things. First as long as you don't do anything VERY different, you could tailor it for your taste a bit better. 
Remember this is very subjective in the end. you might lower bass output by changing resistor values and/or add a bit of midbass, lower mids and mids  by changing crossover values...
Also your tubing length,width and dampers value might alter the sound even more...

In the end, IMO I don't think you could do a much better job than what Knowles done but you can play around those values a bit.
We are talking about the premade configuration Knowles are currently selling also so nothing much above 2 BAs 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back