Home-Made IEMs
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #13,052 of 15,974
hi mattmatt, I use the same method:wink:

for magnification I put 0.25mm it’s quite versatile, I had to go up to 0.30mm.

I would just import the shell modify from meshmixer without the hollow to send it in fusion 360.

I would like to separate the channel to integrate the tubes and make a hollow on the upper part of the body.

I manage to do it on universal iem that I create entirely with fusion 360 as below

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #13,053 of 15,974
hi mattmatt, I use the same method:wink:

for magnification I put 0.25mm it’s quite versatile, I had to go up to 0.30mm.

I would just import the shell modify from meshmixer without the hollow to send it in fusion 360.

I would like to separate the channel to integrate the tubes and make a hollow on the upper part of the body.

I manage to do it on universal iem that I create entirely with fusion 360 as below

Hey man! How do you hollow the top part of your shells?

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #13,056 of 15,974
Thank you so much! Will try this out. Will save this to my notes. Tho what you said is not my method actually. What I do is create lines perpendicular to the face of where I want it to end from there, I would create a spline and connect both line with it. I then use that to create a pipe. Will try to figure out your way. Always had a terrible time with lofts. The reason for the perpendicular line is to ensure that the pipe will be created. Most of the times when I don't have the vertical lines, I would get an error creating the pipe.
I know what you mean with lofts. I kind of had similar problem. Loft with a rail (preferably dual) will give you perfect transition with this nice organic shape and since it's just one step versus 3 or 4 it's less messy and easier to control

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #13,057 of 15,974
hey guys.....does anybody use REW mit Mac OS11????? I am freaking out!!!!! Cant get the mic to work!!!!!!
Please help! I tried everything I could find on google!!!! I am using REW 5.2 beta!! before that I had 5.19 which also didn't work!!!! what shall I do???

Thansk for your help!

Jul 20, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #13,058 of 15,974
hey guys.....does anybody use REW mit Mac OS11????? I am freaking out!!!!! Cant get the mic to work!!!!!!
Please help! I tried everything I could find on google!!!! I am using REW 5.2 beta!! before that I had 5.19 which also didn't work!!!! what shall I do???

Thansk for your help!
I use REW on mac. Most likely, your not connected a soundcard that supports the TRRS. You need an external soundcard such as this:
StarTech.com USB Sound Card w/ SPDIF Digital Audio & Stereo Mic – External Sound Card for Laptop or PC – SPDIF Output (ICUSBAUDIO2D),Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F7120T...abc_FVAPWRJY2V4MWRE29C3W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jul 21, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #13,059 of 15,974
I use REW on mac. Most likely, your not connected a soundcard that supports the TRRS. You need an external soundcard such as this:
StarTech.com USB Sound Card w/ SPDIF Digital Audio & Stereo Mic – External Sound Card for Laptop or PC – SPDIF Output (ICUSBAUDIO2D),Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F7120T...abc_FVAPWRJY2V4MWRE29C3W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
thanks...but it get the signal from mic on the input....I can also make a soundcardcalibration which looks ok....but if I want to make a measurement It just doesn't look ok!!!

Jul 21, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #13,060 of 15,974
this is what I get?!?!?! pixel is the soundcardcalibration....red is the measurement with the exact same settings and headphone and mic!!!!
I just don't get it anymore!!!

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #13,061 of 15,974
this is what I get?!?!?! pixel is the soundcardcalibration....red is the measurement with the exact same settings and headphone and mic!!!!
I just don't get it anymore!!!

Looking at the graph, I'm guessing you performed the calibration with the IEM plugged into the mic. When the calibration, which is the measured FR of the IEM, is applied to the measured FR of the IEM (the same graph), it results in a flat line as you have gotten. They cancel each other out.

Try calibrating with your output plugged directly to your input (Calibrating the soundcard by itself), then taking the measurement as per normal. If you are using headphone output to a microphone input however, try to use lower audio volume to avoid possibly burning the internal mic signal amp out. It's always a possibility that is worth noting IMO however unlikely.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #13,062 of 15,974
Looking at your sound bores... Instead of extruding parts then creating pipe then creating lofts between pipe and extrudes. Do the extrudes then open sketch, select 3D sketch and do multi point spline - start by snapping end points to extruded profiles then add few more spline points, then go to loft - select profiles of the extrudes and add rails - select spline (for some lofts you might need two splines for perfect loft), adjust computing options to achieve smoother transitions. The effect is smooth single line that you can later easily adjust by moving splines on the sketch.
I just tested the 3d sketch your way. It works great. Connecting the 2 end dots of each profile and then adding spline points.
This is really nice. Thank you

1626880421685.png

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #13,065 of 15,974
Looking at the graph, I'm guessing you performed the calibration with the IEM plugged into the mic. When the calibration, which is the measured FR of the IEM, is applied to the measured FR of the IEM (the same graph), it results in a flat line as you have gotten. They cancel each other out.

Try calibrating with your output plugged directly to your input (Calibrating the soundcard by itself), then taking the measurement as per normal. If you are using headphone output to a microphone input however, try to use lower audio volume to avoid possibly burning the internal mic signal amp out. It's always a possibility that is worth noting IMO however unlikely.
Thanks man!!!!! Finally i got. to manage ist!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back