Home-Made IEMs
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #12,061 of 16,072
That does look just like the Campfire stuff actually.
Yes it is exactly that I had seen one. I exploded both. I tested and measured MAD 10 and 16 by plugging each bores to measure the independent driver and indeed none was filtered. Amazing then it works well but it is not to my taste, I prefer ve8 for example or Erlkonig

Jan 4, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #12,063 of 16,072
Yes it is exactly that I had seen one. I exploded both. I tested and measured MAD 10 and 16 by plugging each bores to measure the independent driver and indeed none was filtered. Amazing then it works well but it is not to my taste, I prefer ve8 for example or Erlkonig

Did you actually buy both MAD10 and 16? That's expensive haha. Did they have a chamber inside or is the chamber at the tip the whole thing?

I do agree VE8 and Erlkonig sounds amazing.

Jan 4, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #12,064 of 16,072
Did you actually buy both MAD10 and 16? That's expensive haha. Did they have a chamber inside or is the chamber at the tip the whole thing?

I do agree VE8 and Erlkonig sounds amazing.

The chamber takes almost the entire shell
The MAD 10/16 no I do not buy them , I had them a.week each during a tour organized by Ambient. I have at home for a few months already VE8, Fir audio M5(tubeless), I also had in loan the earlkonig, PP8S, fitear 335/334, Aure Flame (Tour Aure Audio), EM10/64/32/Stark and many others but those who touched me the most are the.earlkonig , VE8 are not the most technical but I listen to them very often they have something endearing :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #12,070 of 16,072
Thank you .
This is a very Good good software.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Which image you think is right Guys ?

Reversing Polarity makes any difference to the sound ?

yes excellent software :wink:

the first image is the good basic connection, the + are on the side of the face with the 2 vents.

During the design, the phase can be reversed, depending on the filter configuration.

If you measure your drivers, you can more easily see all this with precision.

there are no sound differences between a driver connected upside down, just make sure
that all drivers are in phase no matter how they are plugged in.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #12,072 of 16,072
The first image is the good basic connection, the + are on the side of the face with the 2 vents.
During the design, the phase can be reversed, depending on the filter configuration.
If you measure your drivers, you can more easily see all this accurately

The first image for me is also the basic connection.
I have connected them in this way in my old building and I wanted to make sure that I hadn't done anything wrong for so long. 🙃
I will measure it tonight with reversed polarity to see what's the difference.
Im curious. 🤔
---------------------------------------------------

something else

I was thinking and asking my self , why we aren't all of us in the same city or country all of us , to meet each other from this forum in real life ? and if we had this possibility ,we could build a company with headphones, iems, Cables etc .
I believe we would have the best company in the world with the best headphones in the world easily.
We are amazing

I know im Dreaming a lot
to the measure o of a driver alone, you will not see anything different whether they are reversed or not :wink:
For the meet, yes it would be great but we are so far away, then I already have my IEM company but I am all alone :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back