Home-Made IEMs
Jan 6, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #12,093 of 16,027
I have found a solution how to connect 4 tubes 1.5 mm each to a 4,7 mm nozzle 😉
4,7 mm nozzle with 4 bores 2 mm each Bore 🙃 I'm not posting the 3d design . I wanted only to share. Is this a pro work ? I don't want to get banned 😂
Man......
That's some next level poking

Hahahahha

Also
No need to share
We have @stephensynanta16
As you have given us the idea
He will make the shell for us

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #12,094 of 16,027
I have found a solution how to connect 4 tubes 1.5 mm each to a 4,7 mm nozzle 😉
4,7 mm nozzle with 4 bores 2 mm each Bore 🙃 I'm not posting the 3d design . I wanted only to share. Is this a pro work ? I don't want to get banned 😂
A professional can give advice or tips if he wishes without being banned:wink:

For your history of 4x1.5mm tubes, one of the practices consists of using metal tubes such as piercing tube or medical tube to extend the PVC tube and thus reduce the thickness in the nozzles as here

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #12,099 of 16,027
I believe this is the biggest problem for most designers in the world using printers or not .
The diameter of each hole on the surface of the nozzle will effect the sound a lot .

Im talking about 4 driver design or 3 driver design
With independent tubes and same diameter from bottom to top without having a 10 mm nozzle
The problem in multiple-driver designs is rather the place they take in the shell.

In 3D design it is easy to integrate 4 holes see more , most designers is limited to 3-4 tubes see extreme cases of 5-6 tubes at spiral ears.

You have for example designs of 8 drivers on two tubes like the VE8, and it works terribly well so anything is possible :wink:

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #12,100 of 16,027
The problem in multiple-driver designs is rather the place they take in the shell.

In 3D design it is easy to integrate 4 holes see more , most designers is limited to 3-4 tubes see extreme cases of 5-6 tubes at spiral ears.

You have for example designs of 8 drivers on two tubes like the VE8, and it works terribly well so anything is possible :wink:
2.5mm tube on swfk32254 gives 3.5kHz resonance

And that's how VE8 gets the Pinna on Swfk
Didn't open the iem or anything
Just speculations from me and @senorciem

Jan 6, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #12,103 of 16,027
What creates resonances is mostly the tubes. Doing 3D chambers reduces this. The shells are also thicker because there is more material and are therefore less resonant. For the foam not I don’t use foam, a hole is enough to decompress the remaining volume, after you can have closed configurations despite ventilated drivers like Ve8 for example. It depends on the results we want. So we test and then we choose what we think is best. I designed acoustic enclosures where we used a lot of different foam like the alveolar, the dacron see also the.bitumen plates to reduce the standing waves or the.vibration of box but in an EMP it is more insignificant especially if you make 3 D shells with chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back