Home-Made IEMs
Aug 15, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #9,811 of 15,996
When you parallel FK of 30017 and 23991, you get 20ohms

And same with WBFK, 10ohms

Whereas single 30017 FK is 25 ohms and WBFK is 12.5ohms

So quad TWFK hybrid(2x30017 and 2x23991) FK lies in 10ohm and WBFK lies in 5ohms
Which is more ideal as you are getting near to SWFK impedance(6.25ohms) but double amount of drivers.(this leads to lower treble distortion as power required to power is shared between 4 treble drivers)
Same with FK

But if you go Quad TWFK30017, FK will lie into 6.25ohms and WBFK will lie into 3.125ohms.

Here you have low impedance which means the amp can pump power easily. This is what we don't want. This can lead to higher dB and more hiss prominent with distortion can creep in when BA hits power limit compared to above.

Dont ask me the crossover as I don't know it. And let be it with noble as it is amazing crossover which should be respected.

I may be guessing wrong TWFK too..... Let's not talk on this topic as it is not appreciated. Talking about other iem and the
their crossover.

And if the person can clone, then ask him to make one himself. Why da faq is he cloning.
Sorry, I agree that we should not talk about brand’s design and respect their magic. Sadly all the people that’s making IEM in VN (except for one guy, who I respected a lot, he’s a real engineering genius), made clone IEMs (er4s, shure 846, K10) and reshell certain IEMs that totally alter the original sound; for astronomical price. This guy is one of the not so good makers with tuning but he make really damn beautiful shell tho. He really screwed up this time because he agreed to use Knowles TWFK but instead he used Bellsing ones and still charged 1000$ for it.

Sorry for a little late night rant, I’m just sad that one of those guys make the reputation of other makers goes down.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #9,812 of 15,996
Sorry, I agree that we should not talk about brand’s design and respect their magic. Sadly all the people that’s making IEM in VN (except for one guy, who I respected a lot, he’s a real engineering genius), made clone IEMs (er4s, shure 846, K10) and reshell certain IEMs that totally alter the original sound; for astronomical price. This guy is one of the not so good makers with tuning but he make really damn beautiful shell tho. He really screwed up this time because he agreed to use Knowles TWFK but instead he used Bellsing ones and still charged 1000$ for it.

Sorry for a little late night rant, I’m just sad that one of those guys make the reputation of other makers goes down.
You sure about shure SE846. That needs a lot of investment for cloning. The low pass is acoustic. I have seen name clones with dynamic driver calling thenselves shure se846.
Hahahha....bellsing and 1000$
Even bellsing would be laughing

If he listens to you, tell him to try something new and genuine

Listening to
gorrilaz : demon days
Snooo Dogg old classic

on MASM3

Treble of MASM is godly

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #9,813 of 15,996
You sure about shure SE846. That needs a lot of investment for cloning. The low pass is acoustic. I have seen name clones with dynamic driver calling thenselves shure se846.
Hahahha....bellsing and 1000$
Even bellsing would be laughing

If he listens to you, tell him to try something new and genuine

Listening to
gorrilaz : demon days
Snooo Dogg old classic

on MASM3

Treble of MASM is godly
IDK where but they found a supply for 846 drivers with the chambers included ( 10 sheets of metal thingy), then just dump it into a custom shell. Some fancy dudes even use their genuine 846 to make custom version of them, or reshell into something that looks good.

I’m pretty sure he’s not listening to me tho. He has 2 designs of his own, but if he coudn’t handle this scandal well, he’ll lost a lot of respect from the local audiophile community, which affect business a lot.

I listen to a lot of groovy music lately with my MASM. Oh god the treble is so good.
Try:
+ Random Access Memory - Daft Punk (give life back to music, Lose yourself to dance, Get lucky)
+ Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin (whole lotta love, when the levee breaks, four sticks)
+ Some old Credence Clearwater Revival songs like Susie Q, I put a spell on you, fortunate son...
+ Showcase - Philly Joe Jones (godly drumming part in Julia, Joe’s Delight)

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #9,815 of 15,996
I am going to make a 10driver now.
Hahahaha got motivated for 10drivers now.

CI-22955x2
DTEC
Knowles ED29689 x2 center tap
SWFK 31736

Knowles GR -31502 full range

Triple bore
3.5way crossover
3 way + fullrange

CI-22960 x2 parallel
DTEC30265 series + zobel + 10ohms series
Orange damper near the end of tube
14mm tube length (smaller ID recommended but 2mm ID is fine)

ED29689 x 2 center tap parallel + 2ohm series + 1.5uF(its better to use sonion 2389D rather than this for less hectic work)
SWFK31736 + 220nF
Green Damper at the end
24mm length

GR-31502 + zobel
Brown damper in center of tube
12mm tube

Tubes can be adjusted with dampers. Here is the 10drivers

Well, I am running out of driver supplies now

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #9,816 of 15,996
@dhruvmeena96 Nice design bruh.
I’m thinking 2x DTEC series + 3D-printed chamber + long tube for acoustic low pass (I’m a fan of Thanatos design lol)

2x Sonion 2389 for mid, may add RAB 32257 + zobel if needed (I’m quite interesting in your acoustic damper by adding tube on the vent)

2x SWFK 31736 for tweeter

I’m gonna try and make a 4th-order crossover for treb and 2nd-order crossover for mid. But I need to find a good supplier in inductance first.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #9,817 of 15,996
@dhruvmeena96 Nice design bruh.
I’m thinking 2x DTEC series + 3D-printed chamber + long tube for acoustic low pass (I’m a fan of Thanatos design lol)

2x Sonion 2389 for mid, may add RAB 32257 + zobel if needed (I’m quite interesting in your acoustic damper by adding tube on the vent)

2x SWFK 31736 for tweeter

I’m gonna try and make a 4th-order crossover for treb and 2nd-order crossover for mid. But I need to find a good supplier in inductance first.
2xDTEC in series ....hmmm 4 drivers
Bass would be good...but ED would come out as shouty. You will need a resistor for ED

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #9,818 of 15,996
2xDTEC in series ....hmmm 4 drivers
Bass would be good...but ED would come out as shouty. You will need a resistor for ED
Oh Im not intended to use ED at all, I want dat Sonion mid sound baby :)
I’m gonna need to make a compact design for bass drivers too, chamber + 66mm of 0.5mmID. Looking good to me now.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #9,819 of 15,996
Oh Im not intended to use ED at all, I want dat Sonion mid sound baby :)
I’m gonna need to make a compact design for bass drivers too, chamber + 66mm of 0.5mmID. Looking good to me now.
They are technically the same, I mean to say, dual parallel drivers will be shouty.
Try using resistor to lower the SPL

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #9,820 of 15,996
They are technically the same, I mean to say, dual parallel drivers will be shouty.
Try using resistor to lower the SPL
Yes I’ll try some resistor.

Btw, I want to ask something. You RAB design with back vent damping the front wave, does it still need RAB-p horn and Zobel? Because the 4kHz dips can be fix with SWFK and bass could be enhanced with DTEC

Aug 16, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #9,821 of 15,996
Yes I’ll try some resistor.

Btw, I want to ask something. You RAB design with back vent damping the front wave, does it still need RAB-p horn and Zobel? Because the 4kHz dips can be fix with SWFK and bass could be enhanced with DTEC
Yup, it do need zobel
No it doesnt need horn

The issue is, it needs a lot of tuning and measurements to get the backwave damping schema right

Otherwise you will be left with zig zaggy response

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #9,822 of 15,996
Yup, it do need zobel
No it doesnt need horn

The issue is, it needs a lot of tuning and measurements to get the backwave damping schema right

Otherwise you will be left with zig zaggy response
How about ripple damper? I still have the papers of your explaination.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #9,824 of 15,996
New design for my 10 driver set up. Anyone can check my 2nd low pass on mid and 4th high pass on treb? Originally my calculation was 4,15uF and 6.01mH for 2nd lowpass, but idk how to test them so I try JH Layla 2 mid crossover with 1.5 uF and 150uH.

image.jpg

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #9,825 of 15,996
New design for my 10 driver set up. Anyone can check my 2nd low pass on mid and 4th high pass on treb? Originally my calculation was 4,15uF and 6.01mH for 2nd lowpass, but idk how to test them so I try JH Layla 2 mid crossover with 1.5 uF and 150uH.

Damm bro, you also going pen and paper style..
Well for precaution, spiral bass damper can go out of phase easily due to vortices channelling and very long length.

Do use a normal ID tube after spiral damper to really control phase.
Second, the low pass is not super effective(we use sonion accupass woofer to really get it low pass.)

Do use a damper to compensate that too.

Spiral damper is for getting a desired slope for damping or low pass to act properly. Spiral damping also accelerates the particle in particle theory of sound. As outward length is more than inward length, speeds up the air perception(ear are too sensitive at everything), so don't be afraid to use a damper witshell

And fitting inductors dude

How gigantic is the shell

And do check the DCR of inductors

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back