Home-Made IEMs
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #7,381 of 15,989
Interesting approach of UE. This should be like the approach of the Stage CIEMs - the response is less peaky with one large tube compared to several smaller ones imo.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #7,382 of 15,989
Well

New to this thread
I will be making a custom monitor

knowles GV-32830-000 with Knowles CI-22955-000

Are these drivers good

Well....my friends have some sophisticated equipment.

I will do a tornado equaliser tube (custom tubing) to remove any peaks or dips from TWFK

CI driver will be passed from restriction tubes like shure till it gives only subbass

0Hz to 150Hz- CI driver
150Hz to 2KHz - HODVTEC dual parallel
2KHz and above - TWFK

Tornado equaliser will kill peaks without using foam resistance. This is Ocharaku tech and I think I should use it in treble driver.

Aim is to reach neutral tuning with realistic treble and no roll Off bass.

What is this tornado equalizer tube? If you don't mind me asking. I don't believe I've heard of that but it sounds very interesting for low end.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #7,384 of 15,989
My first build :ksc75smile:

2 BAs in universal shell.

Darwin 1 web.jpg
Darwin 2 web.jpg
Darwin web.png

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #7,387 of 15,989
They look stunning, did you also make the shells?
Thanks! Yes, took a cheap KZ IEM as a starting point to create my own positive dummy shell. Crossover, tuning etc is all self-made. Also made the cable :ksc75smile:

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #7,388 of 15,989
They look stunning, did you also make the shells?
Thanks! Yes, took a cheap KZ IEM as a starting point to create my own positive dummy shell. Crossover, tuning etc is all self-made. Also made the cable :ksc75smile:

Well @bartzky

Nice work.

But the mids needs a 1dB-2dB boost there.

And please send me a 3D model of shell, if you have.

I will be making a universal iem.

Apr 20, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #7,389 of 15,989
hi guys sorry I know I should've read this whole thread by now, but can anyone redirect me to instructions on simple reshelling, I won't be doing any custom crossovers or anything. just have an se215 and se530 not in use, and I wanna have a custom that I can beat around and not feel too bad about.

thank you any help would be much appreciated!!

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #7,390 of 15,989
Hi all!

Need your help, someone posted a shell with what appeared micro USB connection, with bullet shell style housing for (as I understood) crossover circuit some time ago.

Can anyone help me to find that post, can't find it for the life of me :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #7,392 of 15,989
Hi all!

first i would like to thank you for all the information in this huge thread. Ive bought my first ciem in 2015 here in Germany at a audiologist. Since then i use them every day at least 3-4 Hours. After a year or so, ive broken one of the shells and after some research ive got very lucky that the original manufacturer was willing to do a reshelling. But since then, i had a problem with some distortion, sometimes on one side, because the "Deal" was only about the shell.

It become very obvious that in the future i want to do my own set of ciem. Ive started digging around where in can get all the needed Stuff. So where im now in this Process. Ive bought a set at mcear. Some Silicon to build up the Form for the Shells, Housing, Nail Lamp usw. I get my Ear Impression from an audiologist but i think it was not big enough. Ive produced my first Shells and with these Testshells and some Drivers ive build the first "working" ciem without Bass :)

I think that i run into more than one Problem. Because the Impression is so small, the mounted MMCX is too near to my head that it breakes the seal. The tubing is too long. Now im trying to find Measurement Gear to solve the technical issues. I have a lot to learn in building the shell because out of the form they are not good enough. Unfortunaly i could not find another supplier for Fotoplast except mcear. Maybe, if there is a seasonal offer, i place a order at custom-arts because the Shure in Ears, ive bought as a interims Solution, are okay but doesnt beat custom shells :)

I can conclude that i have fun with this project and again, thank you all for this massive thread!

2f0463f9bdcbb0a1cc2ff209b09a26c4.jpg

24596f209c8436f7712c40b49e4eaa1b.jpg

aa66d783c99d2bf1802035871f9780fa.jpg

f27f26ebacd1c7ce42dcf86ee7141e0f.jpg

9d9df15a0fb97694ebc123ee95bf8da9.jpg

Best Regards, Hasturo

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #7,393 of 15,989
Well @bartzky

Nice work.

But the mids needs a 1dB-2dB boost there.

And please send me a 3D model of shell, if you have.

I will be making a universal iem.

“But the mids needs a 1dB-2dB boost there.“

How might one obtain this?

Also, I can’t help but ask, where is everyone at? This place has slowed WAY down. Is there a different forum somewhere that I don’t know about?

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #7,395 of 15,989
“But the mids needs a 1dB-2dB boost there.“

How might one obtain this?

Also, I can’t help but ask, where is everyone at? This place has slowed WAY down. Is there a different forum somewhere that I don’t know about?
I guess it's because everyone became a pro and don't need help anymore lol or most just gave up. My guess is that most people get busy with other things

Hi all!

first i would like to thank you for all the information in this huge thread. Ive bought my first ciem in 2015 here in Germany at a audiologist. Since then i use them every day at least 3-4 Hours. After a year or so, ive broken one of the shells and after some research ive got very lucky that the original manufacturer was willing to do a reshelling. But since then, i had a problem with some distortion, sometimes on one side, because the "Deal" was only about the shell.

It become very obvious that in the future i want to do my own set of ciem. Ive started digging around where in can get all the needed Stuff. So where im now in this Process. Ive bought a set at mcear. Some Silicon to build up the Form for the Shells, Housing, Nail Lamp usw. I get my Ear Impression from an audiologist but i think it was not big enough. Ive produced my first Shells and with these Testshells and some Drivers ive build the first "working" ciem without Bass :)

I think that i run into more than one Problem. Because the Impression is so small, the mounted MMCX is too near to my head that it breakes the seal. The tubing is too long. Now im trying to find Measurement Gear to solve the technical issues. I have a lot to learn in building the shell because out of the form they are not good enough. Unfortunaly i could not find another supplier for Fotoplast except mcear. Maybe, if there is a seasonal offer, i place a order at custom-arts because the Shure in Ears, ive bought as a interims Solution, are okay but doesnt beat custom shells :)

I can conclude that i have fun with this project and again, thank you all for this massive thread!

2f0463f9bdcbb0a1cc2ff209b09a26c4.jpg

24596f209c8436f7712c40b49e4eaa1b.jpg

aa66d783c99d2bf1802035871f9780fa.jpg

f27f26ebacd1c7ce42dcf86ee7141e0f.jpg

9d9df15a0fb97694ebc123ee95bf8da9.jpg

Best Regards, Hasturo
you could try to add a layer on the bottom of the impressions and then wax it. then use it has a mold. it would give you some height.
shape the bottom part with blue tak (although it doesn't stick well to silicone impressions. it depends on the brand). another choice would be to use some glazing compound like DAP 33. I know many guys use it in the industry for the same task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back