Home-Made IEMs
Apr 13, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #15,166 of 16,068
Hey all, I'm sure some of you have seen the new Blessing 3 dual DD configuration. Has anyone tried this? Could two normal DDs be used like this? Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, I was not reading properly. I think the coil is in the middle of the two DDs, so it is one DD coil pulling both diaphragms towards it. However, what would happen if you did put two normal DDs firing at each other? Would most of the sound be cancelled out, but with the change in air pressure being blown into your ear?

1681370253905.png1681370341779.png
Not sure what you mean, these look like normal DDs to me.

Apr 13, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #15,167 of 16,068
Hey all, I'm sure some of you have seen the new Blessing 3 dual DD configuration. Has anyone tried this? Could two normal DDs be used like this? Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, I was not reading properly. I think the coil is in the middle of the two DDs, so it is one DD coil pulling both diaphragms towards it. However, what would happen if you did put two normal DDs firing at each other? Would most of the sound be cancelled out, but with the change in air pressure being blown into your ear?

They won't cancel each other out when they are not wired in reverse of each other. They are 2 DD with diaphragms facing each other. I think @piotrus-g can give us a bit of hint with this config. They did something similar which is really really interesting. :D

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #15,168 of 16,068
They won't cancel each other out when they are not wired in reverse of each other. They are 2 DD with diaphragms facing each other. I think @piotrus-g can give us a bit of hint with this config. They did something similar which is really really interesting. :D
Hehe I can't comment much between NDA and MOT rules. But yeah I've done exact same DD alignment. You want both DD in the same electrical phase and they won't cancel each others frequency - think of this as DD equivalent of dual BA driver.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #15,169 of 16,068
Hehe I can't comment much between NDA and MOT rules. But yeah I've done exact same DD alignment. You want both DD in the same electrical phase and they won't cancel each others frequency - think of this as DD equivalent of dual BA driver.
When I saw the design, I remembered your collab instantly. Thanks for replying, tho and not leaving us hanging. Your presence and contribution here is very much appreciated. :)

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #15,170 of 16,068

This works and it sounds very good. I personally always use this design in my configs, you should try it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back