Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Sep 26, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,561 of 4,063
For those who use hqplayer to convert everything to DSD then yes. However you don't really lose the ability to play both PCM and DSD using either R2R or DSD module since the AKM PCM/DSD converter chip used in spring is also included
HI thanks for the many insights.
May I ask you if you are representing or associated with Holo Audio.
Just asking because I'd love to ask a few questions on the Spring DAC!

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #1,563 of 4,063
I am and I have nothing really to complain about. It sounds good through my HE-9 as a pre-amp and Stealth 8 speakers.

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #1,564 of 4,063
HI thanks for the many insights.
May I ask you if you are representing or associated with Holo Audio.
Just asking because I'd love to ask a few questions on the Spring DAC!
Sorry but no. And I personally own a Holo sabertooth dac so I don't care much about tech details of spring.

I don't know much about Holo in US but doesn't every Holo product sold in US come from KitsuneHIFI?

Sep 26, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #1,565 of 4,063
I used to use my Spring with my headphone system. Now it is permanently serving my LS50s.

Sep 26, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #1,567 of 4,063
I use Schiit Ragnarok.

Sep 26, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #1,568 of 4,063
I was using it exclusively with speakers. What would you like to know?

I've also noticed that the Spring seems a lot more popular with the headphone crowd.

What do you use for volume control?

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #1,571 of 4,063
Well, technically all Holo Audio products are sold in the US by Kitsune Hifi but my understanding is that at list all Spring units are built and modded outside the US and then imported.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #1,574 of 4,063
The question was not who is selling them but where do they come from. They come from China.
No, there wasn't any question about where they're coming from, the question was:
"I don't know much about Holo in US but doesn't every Holo product sold in US come from KitsuneHIFI?

So yes, Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA is the US distributor for Holo which is located in Washington. Holo is in China.

The question
wasn't:
"I don't know much about Holo in US but doesn't every Holo product sold in US come from China?"

I've been up since 4:00AM...am I missing something? :)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #1,575 of 4,063
No, there wasn't any question about where they're coming from, the question was:
"I don't know much about Holo in US but doesn't every Holo product sold in US come from KitsuneHIFI?"

So yes, Kitsune HiFi - HoloAudio USA is the US distributor for Holo which is located in Washington. Holo is in China.

The question
wasn't:
"I don't know much about Holo in US but doesn't every Holo product sold in US come from China?"

:)

Let's agree to disagree.
Maybe who asked the question can clarify what exactly he wanted to know.
But maybe by now we already answered his question lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back