1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by mtoc, Jun 2, 2016.
First

Back
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Next

Last
  1. ahmadfaizadnan
    Sure. I'll try that first. Thanks!

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    And my DAVE balanced is 6V. Going balanced doubles it. :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. mtoc
    new mid-priced Holo coming, still R2R, with 4pin headphone jack

4. theveterans
    That's why I wrote that I believe that the DIR in the Spring is excellent. It just needs to have a clear removal of EMI, electrical, RFI impurities and jitter to sound really good.

doraymon likes this.
  5. joseph69
    Any more info, like where you read this, or some photos?

6. lukeap69
    Wildism HK confirmed to me that yes there is an incoming DAC lower than the Spring. He didn't provide details as he has not received the demo unit yet.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    joseph69 likes this.
  7. ahmadfaizadnan
    I've read that yggy needs 3 to 4 days to warm up. Does this apply to any R2R Dac or just yggy? Does the spring dac works the same way?

8. earnmyturns
    Agreed. I got the Eitr because there were consistently very good reviews from people I trust about its ability to reduce electrical noise, and at its low price compared with the competition it would be a nice gadget to have around. I've tested it against other setups with my KTE 3 and with a Bifrost (pre-gen 5), the results have been uniformly good. I'll be asking my wife to do some comparative listening this weekend: she has a very musical ear, and she doesn't care about gear, so she's the perfect subject for a more objective comparison :)

doraymon likes this.
  9. mtoc
    ve seen the fotos, just a Spring look alike but smaller, same color style

joseph69 likes this.
  10. theveterans
    Yes to Holo and other R2R DAC

ahmadfaizadnan likes this.
  11. AnakChan Moderator
    !!? You mean I have to leave my HS/SU-1 on? Could I just leave it in Standby when not using? Would that be considered as "warming up" too?

12. oneguy
    I leave mine on with no issues. You can leave it on or in STBY with no issues and there is a minimal (2 watt, IIRC) power draw difference.

Leaving it in STBY does the same thing. It keeps the circuits warm.

joseph69 likes this.
  13. Contrails
    I am thinking of selling my Spring DAC LVL 3. In brand new condition, hardly used. Need the funds for a new mountain bike. I am wanting USD 2k. Send me a PM.

14. ericr
    Interesting, I was told the Spring DAC used a typically available, off the shelf chip to internally convert USB to the needed I2S signal.

Searching the web for a while produced nothing conclusive. Do you have specific information on how USB conversion is done on the Spring?

15. theveterans
    I don't have an info for how the USB conversion is done unfortunately.

First

Back
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Next

Last