Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,576 of 4,063
Notice that the XMOS chip is different from the one used in current spring dac. Also the designer said that the isolation's improved and the module would also be included in the future batches of spring.
Yes it's the same XMOS X208 chip of the SU-1.

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,578 of 4,063
Would be great if they offer some type of upgraded board to existing Holo customers.
I don't think it's gonna be a huge upgrade, an external SU-1 connected to I2S will most probably do better anyway.

As expected I resisted only a few days after the order of the Spring DAC to place my order for a KTE SU-1 DDR version.
After a few days exchanging emails with Tim of Kitsune HiFi I couldn't resist...

Tim provided an outstanding customer support in my case, he was really professional and I decided to repay with my trust!

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #1,580 of 4,063
Sorry for the OT but I have two questions:
1) I see many power cord brands offering different cables for source components and power amps. Is there any drawback in using a cable marketed for amps with a source component like the Spring DAC?
2) I see many power filters brands placing a few plugs unfiltered on their devices and the label it for amp use. What's the problem of using a filtered plug to power an amp?

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #1,581 of 4,063
Sorry for the OT but I have two questions:
1) I see many power cord brands offering different cables for source components and power amps. Is there any drawback in using a cable marketed for amps with a source component like the Spring DAC?
2) I see many power filters brands placing a few plugs unfiltered on their devices and the label it for amp use. What's the problem of using a filtered plug to power an amp?
1. Power cables for amps would be designed to support high current loads. This in itself should not be a problem for use with a source component. There are plenty of cords that are designed to work equally well with both types of components though so I would probably steer clear of ones that claim limited applications.

2. Often line filters have limited power handling abilities and even if they're rated for your amps power usage some people find they limit dynamics, hence the bypass outlets.

Sep 27, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #1,582 of 4,063
1. Power cables for amps would be designed to support high current loads. This in itself should not be a problem for use with a source component. There are plenty of cords that are designed to work equally well with both types of components though so I would probably steer clear of ones that claim limited applications.

2. Often line filters have limited power handling abilities and even if they're rated for your amps power usage some people find they limit dynamics, hence the bypass outlets.
Perfect, thanks!

Sep 28, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #1,584 of 4,063
How are you liking the sound? What did you have before to compare it to?
I like it very much. I actually listen with my speakers more than my headphones. I have added a sub to my LS50 for that additional bottom umph. I didn't have any speaker system before so I cannot provide any comparison with the LS50 unfortunately.

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #1,585 of 4,063
I like it very much. I actually listen with my speakers more than my headphones. I have added a sub to my LS50 for that additional bottom umph. I didn't have any speaker system before so I cannot provide any comparison with the LS50 unfortunately.
You set yourself a high bar starting with the LS50...

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #1,586 of 4,063
The level 3 is amazing! Really love the micro detail and tonality :beyersmile: I am still gonna wait for my balanced cable though :ksc75smile:
Mine is being built now.
I just bought a QED 40 Reference XLR to XLR analogue cable to connect the Spring L3 to my Cavalli LC2

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #1,587 of 4,063
Sep 28, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,588 of 4,063
Good to hear. That means I managed to avoid further spending.
You wish.
If you write in this forum means you have the sickness already, so no matter how satisfied you think you are with your speakers, you will soon be looking for an improvement...

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #1,589 of 4,063
You wish.
If you write in this forum means you have the sickness already, so no matter how satisfied you think you are with your speakers, you will soon be looking for an improvement...
So far I have persevered for few months. Let's see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back