Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
May 17, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #196 of 1,298
Hi, nope i'm not a reviewer, i write down my (subjective) listening experiences :)
But thank you!
Ha I see , I was working on my first cup of coffee when i clicked on the AudioEnzo anyway OK i enjoyed reading your subjective views and look forward to your continued thoughts on the May KTE dac and KTE preamplifier.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #197 of 1,298
I have the spring v1 KTE

I’ve been using I2S and everyone knows they recommend it that way for the V1 models.

my question is....Is I2S still preferred or have they been able to get the USB to a higher quality to the point where it is used more often.

I ask this because I’m looking to trade up for the May and want to configure my setup without the Singer SU1. Maybe get a roon box.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #198 of 1,298
I have the spring v1 KTE

I’ve been using I2S and everyone knows they recommend it that way for the V1 models.

my question is....Is I2S still preferred or have they been able to get the USB to a higher quality to the point where it is used more often.

I ask this because I’m looking to trade up for the May and want to configure my setup without the Singer SU1. Maybe get a roon box.
The Titanis V2 USB is very very good. Before i used also the Singxer SU1, but the MAY sounds better via USB.

May 17, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #199 of 1,298
I have the spring v1 KTE

From Spring 2 onwards, so S2, May, S3; the new USB module is as excellent as it gets.

May 17, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #200 of 1,298
The Titanis V2 USB is very very good. Before i used also the Singxer SU1, but the MAY sounds better via USB.
From Spring 2 onwards, so S2, May, S3; the new USB module is as excellent as it gets.
Ok thanks
I guess I can ditch the singxer SU1

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #201 of 1,298
USB connection is new for me , the USB board in my server is directly clocked , the clock board and USB board is independently powered and connected in the Holo May KTE USB board playback is astounding. When all is run in I have access to some reasonably priced USB wire and some crazy priced USB wire Im going to check out .

May 18, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #202 of 1,298
I have still the Audio GD DI20HE, to compare it directly with the USB input to the MAY.
The soundstage dephts is deeper with the DI. But i receive more resolution and width direct connected to the May USB input. So, for me actual, the direct USB input with an igalvanic3 in between (LPS powerd) is preffered.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #206 of 1,298
I've uploaded part 1 of my review here:

Amazing as usual. How do you think it would compare to a TT2 + M-scaler? That's my current setup and I'm very curious if it would be worth trying the May as well.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #207 of 1,298
Amazing as usual. How do you think it would compare to a TT2 + M-scaler? That's my current setup and I'm very curious if it would be worth trying the May as well.

In the video comments he said he had a Chord Dave + M Scaler side by side with the May and wasn't even tempted to keep the Dave.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #208 of 1,298
In the video comments he said he had a Chord Dave + M Scaler side by side with the May and wasn't even tempted to keep the Dave.
Wow... I thought my setup was really near perfection... and this is half the overall price of TT2+Ms-scaler... now I know I will have to rethink and re-consider

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #209 of 1,298
do they charge you then build or wait until it ships to fully charge?

I have a KTE spring 1 but I don't remember the process

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #210 of 1,298
As I recall it was charge then build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back