Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Jun 12, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #211 of 1,325
So now I’m wondering if it’s worth upgrading my Hugo T2 + M-scaler to this… 🤔🤔

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #213 of 1,325
Don't forget, you will have to add an amplifier. TT2's amp is perhaps not known to be the best, but it certainly is powerful.
At the moment I’m just using it as a DAC for my amp and speakers

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #215 of 1,325
Personally I believe with the recent comparison done by GoldenOne to the fabulous Chord Dave and M scaler along with his excellent review of the Holo Audio Serene preamplifier not to leave out reasonable retail pricing of said components word is out of a dedicated headphone amplifier called the Bliss which is being voiced using HiFiman Susvaras apparently with a retail price of under 4K most likely equally stellar performance ,.

Finally what I am currently hearing with my May KTE dac in harmony with the other components is really quite spectacular , with the other components in Holo Audios product line I believe Jeff Zhu founder and engineer have put his competitors on notice…

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #217 of 1,325
At the price point that the May is right now, given ALL the technologies crammed into those 2 boxes, the May is definitely over-engineered.
As in overdone? As in too much?

Jun 13, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #218 of 1,325
Jun 13, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #219 of 1,325
At the price point that the May is right now, given ALL the technologies crammed into those 2 boxes, the May is definitely over-engineered.
Is this a complement or some weird complaint

If a complaint what does it have that won’t get used?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #220 of 1,325
Hahaha sorry if it sounded odd but definitely a compliment.
For example, the Titanis USB board that is deployed on the May (Level 2 and KTE (Level 3)) is so well designed; jitter proof, galvanically isolated, instant PLL. It makes you wonder why would you use any other input at all, especially if you want to make use of the fantastic PLL circuit, which has a delay when switching bitrate or sampling rate.

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #221 of 1,325
Im putting together a Holo May + OpticalRendu + Server system

from everyone I've talked to they have hyped moving from using a laptop to using a server and also have heard that optical Rendu is amazing

im super excited and can't wait to hear what it all sounds like

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #223 of 1,325
Im putting together a Holo May + OpticalRendu + Server system

from everyone I've talked to they have hyped moving from using a laptop to using a server and also have heard that optical Rendu is amazing

im super excited and can't wait to hear what it all sounds like
I use a server and though it’s a computer in a nice looking box playback is darn good with a 4 TB of storage and access to a huge library of music ,it sits in a rack on wheels beside my lazy boy chair , I love the simplicity of it all while reclined ,.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #224 of 1,325
After reading and watching the glowing reviews on the Holo May and was wondering if there'll be a noticeable "upgrade" to the sound if i added the Holo May to my Lumin T2 streamer/DAC which is feeding directly to my tube amplifier? I'm definitely not dissatisfied with the current set-up, just all in the pursuit for better sound.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #225 of 1,325

Users who are viewing this thread

Back