Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Jun 26, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #530 of 1,237
H
Brief summing up of the results of the five-year plan.

As I was reminded recently, it turns out that I have been in Head-Fi for 5 years ...

What, in theory, was supposed to become an intermediate link, as a result, pulled into the very abyss.
No, of course, since childhood, I constantly listened to music on a portable device, but the conscious choice to develop in this direction came back in 2016.

For old-timers, this period will seem insignificant, but for beginners - a distant and thorny prospect.

What did these 5 years give me? An unforgettable experience friends! Endless changes of components, wiretapping, cyclic change of equipment - this is generally my trump card), in one word - a process!
And of course the most important thing is the pleasure of the longed-for result and endless evenings alone with her Majesty's music, and sometimes with a bottle of something red, or Beautiful - my faithful Vasilisa)

Looking back, I do not regret the time wasted and the wrong decisions made. For they gave understanding and gradually cut off everything unnecessary. But the necessary acquired special value and began to give happiness)

And here is the result of a five-year hobby in front of your eyes:

Главная Сусвара.jpg

DSC08868.jpg
may I ask what rack you’re using?

Jun 26, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #531 of 1,237
The rack is made to order according to an individual project. Made of oak, with 2 vents in the center.

Sorry just seen this. Can you please share the measurements? I’d like to get one made similar, or who can we reach out to for an order?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #532 of 1,237
Sorry just seen this. Can you please share the measurements? I’d like to get one made similar, or who can we reach out to for an order?
Of course - I found a piece of paper with a freehand drawing. I hope it helps)
I myself am from Russia) And the master is in my city of Yekaterinburg. But I think you can turn to any craftsman in a woodworking workshop and he will be able to realize this rack for you. This is not difficult)

E0FF2667-A322-4228-83FC-8603BC4F2E15.jpeg

It turned out well in the end)

DSC08868 копия.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #534 of 1,237
as you may have noted @jonh1 's rack inspired me last year already.. off topic (even though I currently have a Holo Spring - almost went for the May - on the top of rack and some sonore small boxes instead of the Cambridge streamer/dac), but this is the result I got. He (the crasftsman) did those holes without me asking, but it turns out they can be helpful to play with device positioning and cable management, I now use some DC cables through the holes. The rack is not wood but "good quality" MDF, and it has some real weight and good stabilility into it, but I never weighted it to be precise. Measurements are almost the same as Jonh's, and the color switch wasn't intended as well but a product of what we could source for best materials.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 13.03.33 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 13.03.33 (1).jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 13.03.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 13.03.33.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-24 at 17.25.03.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-24 at 17.25.03.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 26, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #535 of 1,237
as you may have noted @jonh1 's rack inspired me last year already..
It's nice to read these lines) I'm glad that it turned out to be useful for you!

It turned out very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.:thumbsup:

Jun 26, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #536 of 1,237
Are you guys running os or os pcm mode, What’s the difference?

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #538 of 1,237
Dac question, from what I can tell it automatically detects bit rate of source like usb to MacBook. Mine says 48k. No way to toggle option on May correct?

Jun 26, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #539 of 1,237
Dac question, from what I can tell it automatically detects bit rate of source like usb to MacBook. Mine says 48k. No way to toggle option on May correct?
Correct, go into your audio midi settings on your MacBook and change it to match the native output of the track you are playing. MacOS isn't the best at this and would be the only negative to MacOS over Windows, well and you can't play warzone on a Mac either but still.....

Jun 26, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #540 of 1,237
Correct, go into your audio midi settings on your MacBook and change it to match the native output of the track you are playing. MacOS isn't the best at this and would be the only negative to MacOS over Windows, well and you can't play warzone on a Mac either but still.....
I’m big on Warzone, so that was actually pretty funny. Wonder if they’ll bring boot camp back on these new macs, such a shame. I’ll test this out when I return tomorrow. Appreciate the insight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back