Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Sep 9, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #347 of 1,289
Everything is 100% regenerated in the Holo/May Titanis circuit though. Not like the PC's clocks really factor into the equation
I'm not an expert in how this things are made, but all modern DAC manufacturers say their USB inputs have galvanic isolation. Yet I haven't seen a single DAC with USB input which plays with regular PC's USB as good, as with dedicated network transport. May is not an exception either.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #348 of 1,289
It seems like, on paper these reclockers/isolators upstream don’t matter for titanus implementation (that can’t be the right name for that , oups titanis! ) but some can actually hear differences then. It reminds me of TotalDAC where, as separate reclocker was released, eventually someone tried 2 reclockers back to back before the converter, saying it did improve again.

At some point, we all gotta admit that power of self-conviction starts to weight in a bit as the stack gets higher and more expensive, absolutely nobody is totally immune to self-delusion. I am not suggesting there are no differences but, if the jitter measurements etc can’t explain the subjective impression, I start to wonder how much of the improvement is real and how much of that is the result of peace of mind?

To be blunt, there are vendors living on this accessory ecosystem with various levels of purifiers etc so, bullet proof usb input is a message that not everyone wants to hear / sail along I believe.

But, I should stay open, … I should , where’s my tinfoil hat btw : b . Actually, I am using this totaldac usb cable which has some sort of inline passive circuitry that clean things up (forgot details, might just be a ferrite…). I use it just because I have it. In my case also, it’s not a direct usb connection to the iMac but am going into an owc hub with it’s separate (and pbly dirty as hell) power supply etc.

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #351 of 1,289
Does anyone have warranty experience as a US customer buying Holo Audio products from Wildism? I am considering buying used Holo product bought originally from Wildism but worrying about servicing should anything happen. Wildism asks to pay for one way shipping and shipping from US to HK is crazily expensive.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #354 of 1,289
Thanks! I will give that a try

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #356 of 1,289
Is the Holo hysteria cooling off a bit? I don't see quite as much talk about it as few months ago, but I could be wrong.
You wrong people like their stuff

but my real concern is the point of your post

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #358 of 1,289
Is the Holo hysteria cooling off a bit? I don't see quite as much talk about it as few months ago
Everybody already bought one 🤣

Hysteria or not, I’m happy with mine. I was afraid that I might regret of selling my HMS-DAVE after impressions of a “new toy mode” calm down, but that didn’t happened. I only like May more and more.

Sep 28, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #360 of 1,289
Everybody already bought one 🤣

Hysteria or not, I’m happy with mine. I was afraid that I might regret of selling my HMS-DAVE after impressions of a “new toy mode” calm down, but that didn’t happened. I only like May more and more.
Ditto, I also feel it’s got better as time goes by, it’s such a relief given we do all indeed experience the new toy syndrome phase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back