Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #336 of 1,320
This should limit the risk of not connecting with a transport for sure.
Do you have any particular model in mind?

I was thinking about trying I2S, but don’t know what to look at. USB-I2S converters are pointless, because USB input of the DAC already acts like one. I assume we need some kind of network transport, which will output I2S directly without any USB conversions in the chain.

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #338 of 1,320
Do you have any particular model in mind?

I was thinking about trying I2S, but don’t know what to look at. USB-I2S converters are pointless, because USB input of the DAC already acts like one. I assume we need some kind of network transport, which will output I2S directly without any USB conversions in the chain.
USB input in May is nothing special.

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #339 of 1,320
USB input in May is nothing special.
Interesting opinion. What you were comparing to?

I like May's USB. I use Roon via opticalRendu and CD-transport (Cyrus CDt-XR). CDt sounds better thin ripped CDs through Roon, but so it was with any other DAC. I think it's just because CDs are better somehow. Howeverl, opticalRendu is very good and when it comes to HiRes recorded music it's even better than CDt.

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #345 of 1,320
Sound out of regular PC USB always should be worse than out of specialized interface like M2Tech. PC generates electrical noise, have low quality clocks etc. It’s normal and represents not a difference between inputs, but a difference between outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back