HM3 B2 better with ZO ??
Sep 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Emilys

New Head-Fier
For beginning sorry for posting all around but it's my first try of buying more expensive audio gear :)

So i already bought digiziod ZO (don't got it yet)

And i was going to buy brainwavz B2's , but then i saw that brainwavz hm3 came in.

and now i don't know what to do ... i prefer iem's over headphones but most important thing to me is sound quality.

I am a secret basshead(dubstep) that also likes singing poetry, rap, minimal, and others

I bought ZO specially for B2 because these don't have impressive bass, but now i don't know should i choose these or headphones hm3 or another ones with B2 pricerange... also i don't know how ZO will go on bassheavy well good bass having headphones. 

So should i choose b2's or hm3  or ( other prefered headphones) for 1better sound 2better bass 3 getting most potencial of ZO 

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 5
If you have a penchant for bass, then the Fischer Audio FA-011s are the best overall sounding cans for the money. Their price/performance ratio is ridiculous. You won't need to the ZO to get the bass out of these, though the ZO does have a decent amp (better than E11 from what I've read), and should power these since they are kind of power hungry, though they still get loud and sound amazing unamped.

I know very little about the B2s, so I cant tell you how they compare, but I can tell you that the FA-011s are the cans you want if you want full sized cans.

As for the ZO, I've heard many people who like them with bass heavy headphones. They say even the low settings really help the sound.

Edit: For your genres "dubstep" I would recommend a pair of JVC FX500s over any other IEM. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever heard for Dubstep. I hated the Sennheiser IE8 in comparison. I also like the Turbine Coppers, but I could not decide which I prefered between them and the FX500s, while the FX500s are far cheaper. I've had them for over 3 years and the things still work great. They come with me everywhere I go like my wallet, so they are pretty well built too. All my opinion, and it might be out of date since I've been getting away from IEMs and into full-sized myself.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Ok as understood  FA-011s will give really good sound as full sized cans... i don't really like the looks but i am considering these ones ( maybe i will find another way looking ones )  but do it will take full potencial of ZO ? because i heard people use ZO for low bass heaphones..

Edit: went srtaight away and bought FA-011s :wink:

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 5
I find the FA-011s quite pleasant looking. As for the ZO, you may not find it needed, but it won't hurt. As far as portable amps go, its not actually bad so its a good purchase either way. And besides you might like the extra bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back