HM-801 Standard Amplifier Module Op-amp Free Upgrade
Jan 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #92 of 99
Quote:
the new upgrade one, or the original version? and thx for the reply bro

What do you mean by upgrade or original? As I said, the two version of power amp modules are one for full size headphone while the other for smaller headphone / IEM / earbud. There should be sticker on the back side of the amp module telling you which is which. There is no 'upgrade' or 'original' power amp module.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #93 of 99
Quote:
I found the new version 2.0 amp to be way better than the original ST also more laid back and refined no hiss with somewhat better bass control  overall i feel that the GAME module is superior to the v.2.0 but not by leaps and bounds as before.

This is the new version they talking about, clearly different board then mine, and both ST version and both can drive iem and full size can.
I'm not talking about the game card that specialize for IEM, and definitely not the balance card.
The pcb on what they cal ver2.0 is green, and as you can saw, mine is blue with very difference layout, so clearly there are several version of the ST amp of 801.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #94 of 99
Quote:
This is the new version they talking about, clearly different board then mine, and both ST version and both can drive iem and full size can.
I'm not talking about the game card that specialize for IEM, and definitely not the balance card.
The pcb on what they cal ver2.0 is green, and as you can saw, mine is blue with very difference layout, so clearly there are several version of the ST amp of 801.

You are thinking of the whole things with the wrong order in time. The picture you are quoting is back from 2010, and that isn't the new version, but the OLD version. Power amp card is actually newer than any of the STD card.

HM801 originally came with 1st STD card with OP275 back in 2009. Then in 2010, the 2nd STD card with OPA2107 was introduced (it looks the same as 1st STD card, the same one in your picture above), which is when this thread was started. Both of 1st and 2nd STD cards were marked as 'V2' card - it is an internal reference for HifiMan and has nothing to do with how new / old the card is.

In 2011, power amp module (the blue card you have) and 2nd STD card were both included with HM801. Later, the package became two power amp cards with different gain.

To sum it up, the order goes like this in time: 1st STD card -> 2nd STD card -> Power Amp + 2nd STD card -> two Power Amp cards.

In short, there is no upgrade for your Power Amp card as it is the current card.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #96 of 99
I had problem updating from 0.20 to .21 can anyone help?
running from win7 64bit
Everytime when i tried to open the internal flash memory, windows keep popping ask to format it, then I format to fat32, but windows fail to format.
What should I do?
Thanks

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #97 of 99
Quote:
I had problem updating from 0.20 to .21 can anyone help?
running from win7 64bit
Everytime when i tried to open the internal flash memory, windows keep popping ask to format it, then I format to fat32, but windows fail to format.
What should I do?
Thanks

Hi.
Can you please explain what is this update you write about,because I don't understand?

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #99 of 99
Quote:
Firmware update from 0.20 to 0.21
In the process, I must copy the new firmware to the internal flash memory, but I can't format or access the internal memory , the HM-801 and computer
already connected .

Thank you for your response.
How can I see what version of firmware,I already have?
Theodore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back