Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Dec 6, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #691 of 830
Quote:
You really need to decide what sound signature you are after. The miracle and the Heirs are like on the complete opposite of eachother. The Heir is thick, warm, euphoric, non-fatiguing. Pleasant to listen to. Spacious sounding.

The Miracles are thin, airy, bright, neutral. More detail oriented. Very different sounds. If you like both sound signatures then not so much of a problem but if you don't like a bright sound the miracles will not be for you. If you don't like a thick and warm sound the Heirs won't be for you.

i guess i like something that is more neutral, not too bright, not too warm or bassy, something with more details and not so harsh, not fatiguing :)

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #692 of 830
Quote:
i guess i like something that is more neutral, not too bright, not too warm or bassy, something with more details and not so harsh, not fatiguing :)

Then maybe miracles may be for you. But I know they are on the brighter side, more fatiguing for long listening sessions :). One things for sure the miracles will be a marriage made in hell with the Studio V :wink:.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #694 of 830
Quote:
I know somebody here is using the original JH13 with a studio V to some success. I think the 13 is a bit weightier overall but not all that different in mid/top balance from reading reviews.

I also know someone who enjoyed the Studio V with the EX1000 lol. In the end these guys are treble-heads. Most won't find these combos remotely acceptable for daily usage nor for long listening sessions lol :wink:.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #695 of 830
Quote:
Did you sell your DX100 already? You gotta hear it with firmware 1.2.7. Sounds amazing. I'm glad you feel the Studio V pairs really well on the Heir. I'm still trying to find and IEM that pairs with it even better. My Tralucent 1Plus2 pairs quite well but there is a little bit of hiss still. So do you get any hiss on the Heir 8A? I know the old Studio V had about double the amount of hiss, I think a little more even. The newer model the hiss has been reduced by about 65 to 70 percent.

The DX100 was loaned to me a couple of months ago so I assumed it's firmware is much older than that.

No hiss with the Studio + 8.A so no worries haha.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #696 of 830
Quote:

The DX100 was loaned to me a couple of months ago so I assumed it's firmware is much older than that.

No hiss with the Studio + 8.A so no worries haha.

Awesome I hope you are right on the no hiss lol. If so and it sounds great then the Studio V may have found a perfect match :).

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #697 of 830
Hi-I followed your directions, had success for a while. Now I don't understand what's going on. I load the sd card, done it both drag/drop and using J River to send it. I have run the tags through mp3tag. If I open the sd card folder on my computer I can see all the albums/FLAC's I've added, but when I look on the Studio, no trace of them, not in music/artists/albums, and not looking in internal or external media. Have a few albums that I previously added with no problem, but I'm getting tired of listening to the same ones. MP3tag doesn't seem to be helping, though I did use it successfully on the earlier music. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #698 of 830
As an aside, I recently got the Senn 650's as well, and I'm enjoying it paired with the Studio (I've also used it as an amp to connect to i devices I have when I want to hear other music besides what I seem to be stuck with my Studio. Nice mids, great pace/rhythm, bass, not dark that I'm noticing.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #699 of 830
Quote:
As an aside, I recently got the Senn 650's as well, and I'm enjoying it paired with the Studio (I've also used it as an amp to connect to i devices I have when I want to hear other music besides what I seem to be stuck with my Studio. Nice mids, great pace/rhythm, bass, not dark that I'm noticing.

lol because the Studio V is a bright player which is a good match for kindly dark sounding headphone like 650 so it ends up in the middle not bright nor dark anymore

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #700 of 830
Quote:
Hi-I followed your directions, had success for a while. Now I don't understand what's going on. I load the sd card, done it both drag/drop and using J River to send it. I have run the tags through mp3tag. If I open the sd card folder on my computer I can see all the albums/FLAC's I've added, but when I look on the Studio, no trace of them, not in music/artists/albums, and not looking in internal or external media. Have a few albums that I previously added with no problem, but I'm getting tired of listening to the same ones. MP3tag doesn't seem to be helping, though I did use it successfully on the earlier music. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

When you update the player make sure to properly eject it. Also be sure before doing this to delete the internal "system" folder which is located inside the internal memory. This will allow the Studio V to reindex like it is the first time loading the files. Try and see if that fixes it.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #701 of 830
I do eject it from the PC, I'll try deleting the "system" folder...hooked to the PC, in internal memory of the Studio, deleted via PC, I assume. Let you know how it goes.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #702 of 830
Yup, that did the trick, thanks

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #703 of 830
Can anyone point me to a thread that shows
the differences between the Studio-1 and Studio-V?
Does the V Say V on it anywhere ?

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #704 of 830
Tagging is still a bit of a mess, I used MP3tag, sometimes everything is fine, sometimes things are named all sorts of things other than what I entered, sometimes files are without folders, but I suspect that is mostly just me being careless and needing more experience doing this stuff.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #705 of 830
Quote:
Tagging is still a bit of a mess, I used MP3tag, sometimes everything is fine, sometimes things are named all sorts of things other than what I entered, sometimes files are without folders, but I suspect that is mostly just me being careless and needing more experience doing this stuff.

If you want PM me and give me a screen shot of mp3tag and I'll show you what your doing wrong :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back