Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Dec 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #706 of 830
Quote:
I'll be getting my Heir 8As probably sometime next month so I'll comment then. I also will be getting the updated pair of 1Plus2s sometime in the near future so I'll keep you posted.

looking forward to your thought about the 1plus2 with the studio v :) . i see that you have move on from the ie80 as well.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #707 of 830
Quote:
looking forward to your thought about the 1plus2 with the studio v :) . i see that you have move on from the ie80 as well.

Yeah it's time. While the IE80s are great all-arounders and even more so after the silver cable and tape mod. They still are not up to snuff to compete with IEMs such as the 1plus2, Fit Ear 334, AKG3003, etc. I'll keep you posted on the 1Plus2 comparison. Currently I actually quite enjoy the older model on the Studio V. I still prefer them though on my DX100 but don't have any issues at all using them out of the Studio V. They pair very well together. I'm not so sure if that will be the case on the newer model though (may be too detailed, we'll see). From the looks of it my new pair will be shipped out to me by Wednesday. Can't wait! :wink:.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #708 of 830
Quote:
Yeah it's time. While the IE80s are great all-arounders and even more so after the silver cable and tape mod. They still are not up to snuff to compete with IEMs such as the 1plus2, Fit Ear 334, AKG3003, etc. I'll keep you posted on the 1Plus2 comparison. Currently I actually quite enjoy the older model on the Studio V. I still prefer them though on my DX100 but don't have any issues at all using them out of the Studio V. They pair very well together. I'm not so sure if that will be the case on the newer model though (may be too detailed, we'll see). From the looks of it my new pair will be shipped out to me by Wednesday. Can't wait! :wink:.

im also considering to sell my ie80 these few days after i got my jh16 but i decided to keep it for some reason. surprisingly the studio v pairs quiet well with the jh16, i expected it to be too bright and sibilant but its not that bad.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #709 of 830
Quote:

im also considering to sell my ie80 these few days after i got my jh16 but i decided to keep it for some reason. surprisingly the studio v pairs quiet well with the jh16, i expected it to be too bright and sibilant but its not that bad.

So do the JH16s fit you perfect? I didn't think their sound would match my preferences like the Heir 8A so I went for that IEM. :)

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #710 of 830
Quote:
So do the JH16s fit you perfect? I didn't think their sound would match my preferences like the Heir 8A so I went for that IEM. :)

yeah im loving them so far, the only negative thing is that they had very loud hiss when paired the studio v even louder than ie80. i also had purchased the heir 8a when they had the promotion i hope to receive it next month.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #711 of 830
I've got the anv 3 which has less hiss and ordered the JH13. It should have about the same noise as my GR10s which is more than acceptable. I prefer 13s anyway but would have thought a bit longer about the 16s and the Studio with their lower impedance and greater efficiency. Fortunately, you've got plenty of source choices. I think the Heir 8a is even less effecient and higher impedance so should work well.

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #712 of 830
Quote:
I've got the anv 3 which has less hiss and ordered the JH13. It should have about the same noise as my GR10s which is more than acceptable. I prefer 13s anyway but would have thought a bit longer about the 16s and the Studio with their lower impedance and greater efficiency. Fortunately, you've got plenty of source choices. I think the Heir 8a is even less effecient and higher impedance so should work well.

Thing is goodvibes, lightning also owns the ANV. That is his point... The JH16 hisses even more than the IE80 and the IE80 were already pushing it. So far the only IEM I've heard that hissed more than the IE80 out of the Studio V ANV was the Fit Ear 334... From what I am hearing the Heir shouldn't really hiss much at all through the Studio V. Someone owns the older model and doesn't find the 8A to be hissy with it. So in that I'm hoping there will be no hiss period :).

Dec 23, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #718 of 830
got it today and already have problems.

player showed up on my mac first. than suddenly lost the link and no cannot be linked again. when i unplug it and start the player it says "repair and ofrmat?" if say ok nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back