Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Nov 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #677 of 830
Let's get this party started!

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #678 of 830
Spent some time auditioning the DT 880 and HD600 with the Studio V at approximately 30 mins each. We had a RSA darkstar setup as well as a couple of portable amp setups as a benchmark to observe how the Studio V is able to unleash these 300ohm cans. 

For a start, the Studio V manages to drive both cans pretty well at closed to full volume (around 28-29). No distortions, roll-offs.. it is an indeed remarkable feat coming from this little guy. The Studio V is not the perfect portable solution to unleash the full capabilities of these cans but boy they do sound pretty good as a standalone player. 

I can imagine if hisoundaudio were to create another high end player, a much powerful source with a better implementation (and UI) than the Studio V 
basshead.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #679 of 830
Quote:
Spent some time auditioning the DT 880 and HD600 with the Studio V at approximately 30 mins each. We had a RSA darkstar setup as well as a couple of portable amp setups as a benchmark to observe how the Studio V is able to unleash these 300ohm cans. 

For a start, the Studio V manages to drive both cans pretty well at closed to full volume (around 28-29). No distortions, roll-offs.. it is an indeed remarkable feat coming from this little guy. The Studio V is not the perfect portable solution to unleash the full capabilities of these cans but boy they do sound pretty good as a standalone player. 

I can imagine if hisoundaudio were to create another high end player, a much powerful source with a better implementation (and UI) than the Studio V 
basshead.gif

The Master is that player :wink:.

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #681 of 830
lol the unit won't be released for a long time so don't get your hopes up. But that is what the name of the player will be.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #682 of 830
Oh, I just wanted to see pics. There is no way I am venturing out of the $400+ range for DAPs. That is in the silly range for me.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #683 of 830
Quote:
Oh, I just wanted to see pics. There is no way I am venturing out of the $400+ range for DAPs. That is in the silly range for me.

You never know how this hobby may poison you lol. But I'd say only worth it for Custom IEMs (or high end universal IEMs) or full size headphones.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #684 of 830
YOLO, right? 
tongue.gif

I'll definitely be getting some mid/high-end full-sizers next. I had to sell mine off recently because college has become financially constricting.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #685 of 830
Has anyone here tried any top end CIEM with Studio V anniversary (really want to know if there is any improvement over Studio V too) ? i really want to know if they are driven well since Studio v is advertised as best iem dap on market...

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #686 of 830
I'll be getting my Heir 8As probably sometime next month so I'll comment then. I also will be getting the updated pair of 1Plus2s sometime in the near future so I'll keep you posted.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #687 of 830
Quote:
Has anyone here tried any top end CIEM with Studio V anniversary (really want to know if there is any improvement over Studio V too) ? i really want to know if they are driven well since Studio v is advertised as best iem dap on market...

Just a feedback for you in regards with the 8.A and the normal Studio V.

My 8.As synergized really well with the Studio V in which its performance sits really well in between the walkman Z and the ibasso dx100. There is slightly more depth with the dx100 but the overall presentation is slightly warmer (might be due to the firmware) which falls short of the Studio's excellent transparency.  As a result, I enjoyed the 8.As on the Studio V more than the dx100 as its soundstage and excellent transparency pairs really well with the 8.A's clarity and musical presentation. 

I'm not so sure about the anniversary though 
basshead.gif

Btw, the studio has no problems driving IEMs and Cans up to 300ohms. Definitely not the best setup for the demanding cans but it sure gives you a run for your money as an all in one portable setup which fits in your pocket 
etysmile.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #688 of 830
Quote:

My 8.As synergized really well with the Studio V in which its performance sits really well in between the walkman Z and the ibasso dx100. There is slightly more depth with the dx100 but the overall presentation is slightly warmer (might be due to the firmware) which falls short of the Studio's excellent transparency.  As a result, I enjoyed the 8.As on the Studio V more than the dx100 as its soundstage and excellent transparency pairs really well with the 8.A's clarity and musical presentation. 

basshead.gif

Btw, the studio has no problems driving IEMs and Cans up to 300ohms. Definitely not the best setup for the demanding cans but it sure gives you a run for your money as an all in one portable setup which fits in your pocket 
etysmile.gif

Did you sell your DX100 already? You gotta hear it with firmware 1.2.7. Sounds amazing. I'm glad you feel the Studio V pairs really well on the Heir. I'm still trying to find and IEM that pairs with it even better. My Tralucent 1Plus2 pairs quite well but there is a little bit of hiss still. So do you get any hiss on the Heir 8A? I know the old Studio V had about double the amount of hiss, I think a little more even. The newer model the hiss has been reduced by about 65 to 70 percent.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #689 of 830
Quote:

basshead.gif

etysmile.gif

thank much for info, i'm more leaning toward Heir 8a rather than Miracle now, still deciding between them....

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #690 of 830
You really need to decide what sound signature you are after. The miracle and the Heirs are like on the complete opposite of eachother. The Heir is thick, warm, euphoric, non-fatiguing. Pleasant to listen to. Spacious sounding.

The Miracles are thin, airy, bright, neutral. More detail oriented. Very different sounds. If you like both sound signatures then not so much of a problem but if you don't like a bright sound the miracles will not be for you. If you don't like a thick and warm sound the Heirs won't be for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back