Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
May 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #451 of 830
Quote:
Does anyone know if an impedance adapter can help reduce or remove the hiss issue with the Studio V?

Thanks.

it helps, but it changes the sound. For better or worse is depending on the stup and preferences.

For TF10 and HM602, yeah I can only use the 602 at low gain with max volume of 2, It's not that convenient but a price for the sound,,,,

May 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #452 of 830
hi, i want to try to share about my impression on this player since i just received yesterday from rianchaos (thanks to him so i can enjoy this wonderful portable DAP)
biggrin.gif

1st impression
at first, i see the box, leather finished, wow.. cool..
i opened the box....
what?? this mini??
Before, i know that this player is small from reading some review and comparison picture but i still dont get enough about how mini this player..
the design looks cool. its awesome, sturdy, elegan, i love the design. Simple? yes, but still. i love the design.. but hey, its light.. at least i feel my 4th gen itouch heavier

Impression on sound quality (dynamic version)
i plugged my headphone; sennheiser hd 238 recable and rejack with viablue;
wow.. it's high is transparant, more detail i can hear, it's lacking little bass, but maybe it's what it called more flat?
etysmile.gif

i can find this studio v has more points on accoustic guitar sound, it feels more accurate.. i can hear each string sounded 1 by 1
mids, i think its a little thin, or flat?
tongue.gif

1 THING, i found many people say about hissing... i listened and listened, pause the music, set the volume to max, I DONT HEAR ANY HISSING. Nope, not even a little. yayy
beerchug.gif

I find it's so much fun to hear same song on my ipod on this new studio-v. i cant hold my smile when i hear the "new sound" on the same song
biggrin.gif

sometimes i found on mp3 high bit rate still sounded a little too harsh on dynamic FW, maybe spiky?

BA version
just install and try the BA version, it really sounded different than the dynamic version..
woww.. this is the sound i've been searching for.. vocal feels thick, i just loved it, i prefer the BA version better than the dynamic version, why? it is less fatigue on my ears. i can find more song can be listened more comfortable. but wait, the detail? ooh.. i can find it's just find. i can still hear the detail finely. the highs? it's better, it's more comfortable, it's just find, it's okay, it's perfect
gs1000.gif

the depth on both firmware is also spectacular.. in some song, i can find there are some sound which is really far, some just right in front of you. it's accurate, it can play each sound clearly. what i can "just feel" before, i can hear it clearly now. i can chase each sound from right to left, to right again, goes up, goes down.. it's fun. if you can understand what i mean
tongue.gif

i hope hisound can create more firmware that has the thickness of BA version but as open as dynamic version. it will be more okay if it has both advantages on 1 FW.. and i hope 1 more.... please make 1 firmware but can change the sound inside the menu, not changing the firmware,,,
biggrin.gif

1st impression on firmware and UI
simple, easy to use, i dont need to read the manual and figure the way how to use studio - v.
maybe for first time user may find difficult too change it firmware, but after several time, it's easy.
buggy? yes. it hangs a several time when i tried to turn it off.. but why concerning about turning it off? just pause the song, unplug the headphone jack, just leave it standby.. it has long live battery
ksc75smile.gif

reset button never disappoint me anyway
tongue.gif

i recommend this player for anyone who use music in portable.. i too, invest on some amp, good amp for about 500$, bought some good IC cable, DIY better IC cable for about +200$, but still..
good portable amp is heavy.. eat battery for short time, charged everyday, difficult to bring anywhere just for finding the best SQ.. okay, last for 2 years and i started to feel uncomfort, heavy bag, untidy cable..
Studio - V is the answer, small, better SQ (really, i tested it side by side), no need to bought expensive IC cables, battery last long, sturdy casing.
just bought studio V and some good cable to recable and change the plugs your headphones. you will found the best SQ with minimum budget.

May 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #453 of 830
@aandutz: I didnt think that you would actually post your impression here, even when you told me that you enjoy them.... Plus the fact that you posted here and in the local forum (in English) so I assumed you did it here then the local forum afterwards. Glad that you enjoy it :D

May 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #454 of 830
Been listening to Studio V for a few hours now. Some instant impressions.

1. It doesnt sound neutral to me. It's very bright IMO (no doubt, detail is more pronounced)
2. It takes forever to read a card. 
frown.gif

3. The hiss is very loud on sensitive IEMs.
4. I have to go back to the top menu everytime I want to choose another album.
5. Maybe I am so used to warm, lush sound. It sounds a bit harsh sometimes even with my dark earphones.
6. I didn't know it doesn't support APE.
7. The firmware is fairly quick and easy to use though. Hate the fact that it has to read the card everytime I got switch on.

Yeah. it sounds better than ipod or iphone. But it still doesn't come close to 801 IMO.

But it has impressive battery life and small size. So it's good for portable listening.

May 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #455 of 830
Quote:

1. It doesnt sound neutral to me. It's very bright IMO (no doubt, detail is more pronounced)
frown.gif

5. Maybe I am so used to warm, lush sound. It sounds a bit harsh sometimes even with my dark earphones.
7. The firmware is fairly quick and easy to use though. Hate the fact that it has to read the card everytime I got switch on.

Yeah. it sounds better than ipod or iphone. But it still doesn't come close to 801 IMO.

But it has impressive battery life and small size. So it's good for portable listening.

Hmm sounds like you aren't happy... Sorry if I mislead you. Did you try the BA firmware? I didn't like it though because it sounded kinda boring to me, its less bright though and less fatiguing I'd say. If your card is taking a long time to read it means your tags are causing this. PM me and I can help you get that sorted out. My 32GB micro sd card takes less than 10 seconds to load before I can begin playing music. The card is filled to capacity with FLAC. IDv3.2 tags are a nightmare on this device. Remove all ID3.2v tags and replace with ID3.1v.

May 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #456 of 830
Quote:
Hmm sounds like you aren't happy... Sorry if I mislead you. Did you try the BA firmware? I didn't like it though because it sounded kinda boring to me, its less bright though and less fatiguing I'd say. If your card is taking a long time to read it means your tags are causing this. PM me and I can help you get that sorted out. My 32GB micro sd card takes less than 10 seconds to load before I can begin playing music. The card is filled to capacity with FLAC. IDv3.2 tags are a nightmare on this device. Remove all ID3.2v tags and replace with ID3.1v.

:) Don't say that, you didn't mislead anyone ;p. I tried every firmware (even the Rocoo one's with EQ). I found 动铁 one is the best choice for me which sounds the smoothest. 
JH16 sounds like it's gonna actually throw real sand into my ears lol. I guess studio V is limited to medium to low volume listening. 

May 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #457 of 830
Yeah even with my IE80s I generally listen at Volume 9 lol. Anymore and it starts to  get overpowering. But once you warm up to listening at that level you find that you are getting all the detail at a safe volume. Just you need decent isolation from noise to appreciate it.

If anything though with usage things will settle a bit. The treble won't be as peaky and will smooth out a bit but will still remain very detailed. Actually it will get more detailed lol. The sound stage will open up as well. Bass quantity seems to have slightly increased (more impact). Looking forward to your impressions regarding this in the future :).

May 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #458 of 830
Quote:
@aandutz: I didnt think that you would actually post your impression here, even when you told me that you enjoy them.... Plus the fact that you posted here and in the local forum (in English) so I assumed you did it here then the local forum afterwards. Glad that you enjoy it :D

hehehe, actually jack email that i should write some comment about my first impression here for new customers
tongue.gif

looked like my review has many disaggree with other people tought about studio v
tongue.gif

May 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #459 of 830
Let it run for at least 48 hours nonstop with a load (doesn't matter what earphone/headphone). The brightness will settle and the mid and bass will be more pronounce. While running don't check it so you can notice the difference between now and then. I have exactly the same problem when I got it. I thought I blew my euros for such a crap but now I'm very very satisfied with the V.
Quote:

frown.gif

May 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #460 of 830
Quote:
:) Don't say that, you didn't mislead anyone ;p. I tried every firmware (even the Rocoo one's with EQ). I found 动铁 one is the best choice for me which sounds the smoothest. 
JH16 sounds like it's gonna actually throw real sand into my ears lol. I guess studio V is limited to medium to low volume listening. 

wich FW is that you found to be smoothest for you?

May 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #461 of 830
May 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #463 of 830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back