Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
May 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #467 of 830
Quote:
Let it run for at least 48 hours nonstop with a load (doesn't matter what earphone/headphone). The brightness will settle and the mid and bass will be more pronounce. While running don't check it so you can notice the difference between now and then. I have exactly the same problem when I got it. I thought I blew my euros for such a crap but now I'm very very satisfied with the V.

I would agree since I don't have much of a tolerance for bright signatures. Coupling the V with bright phones will probably not help either, unless you're into that kind of thing.

May 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #470 of 830
I hadn't tried the Dynamic firmware until a few days ago, the first and most obvious difference was the presentation.  It was noticeably shorter and wider with better separation qualities.  

May 9, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #471 of 830
Quote:
So did you ever get your problem sorted out with your V?

Not yet. I've been temporarily putting new material on the internal 4GB portion until I can run through the steps to try and figure out what the problem is. I just finished a slew of exams at my school, so I can finally make some time to diagnose it.

May 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #472 of 830
Quote:

True. Initially i preferred BA but after a while, it got a bit.... boring. Haha

LOL, after a few days, i tried to listen some more on dynamic FW.... seems like new light to my life
deadhorse.gif

May 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #473 of 830
Quote:
I hadn't tried the Dynamic firmware until a few days ago, the first and most obvious difference was the presentation.  It was noticeably shorter and wider with better separation qualities.  

Actually i personally prefer the BA firmware presentation, Dynamic seems more forward sounding which i don't quite like... 

Wish they made a new firmware with the presentation of BA and everything else from Dynamic... Maybe with a little less brightness in the highs.

May 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #474 of 830
Quote:

Actually i personally prefer the BA firmware presentation, Dynamic seems more forward sounding which i don't quite like... 

Wish they made a new firmware with the presentation of BA and everything else from Dynamic... Maybe with a little less brightness in the highs.

What are you using though to listen? "Miracles?" If so that would explain it as the miracles are bright as is. The dynamic firmware really works well for darker IEMs/headphones. I find the Studio V to be irritating with my FX700s while very engaging with my IE80s.

May 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #475 of 830
Quote:
Quote:

Well, I suppose it depends on your gear setup.  The Dynamic version sounds better than the BA with my JVC Dx1K and Hisound V.  BA sounds quite flat on my setup, the Dynamic is a bit more lively.

May 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #477 of 830
I think it's in one of average joe's thread

May 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #478 of 830
Seems like Hisoundaudio and Noisy Motel is having a Studio V promo. Hopefully will see more impressions here soon :)

May 29, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #479 of 830
I am around the corner from Billy @ NM
I am waiting for the arrival of both BA and V to be able to do some side by side with my Fischer DBA2
I will also have some Fischer Eterna and HD25 on hand to get an idea what the best player will be
Once I get the player, I will review it, comparing it with my HD600 & G&W T-2.6F
I will give first impressions, then let the player burn in using stock cans or just some spare ones lying around
I will then update and see how sound is settled
I have read most pages in this thread so I am well versed about the pros and cons of this player
I just want the best value, great sounding player around
I can deal with the issues of bad UI, I am more interested in SQ

beyersmile.png

May 29, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #480 of 830
Just auditioned the Colourfly C4 as well as HM601(Thanks to Jaben Singapore!). To my relief, i still prefer the Studio V over the two.

The C4 is definitely not a huge improvement over the Studio V. Anyone wants me to post some impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back