Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Apr 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #421 of 830
Just got my refit miracles back, now listening ~~

Studio-V(Dynamic Firmware)>TWagV2>UM Miracles.

All i can say is Wow.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #422 of 830

Quote:
V destroyed it in SQ (no wonder :p), only for drumm and bass id like to EQ bass a little bit on V, thats the only thing i can complain.

glad you are enjoying it more than i did. music was great, but i could get through the UI. I am still running a clip zip / rock box, and it does the job. i travel to harsh environments and bust most things up over time, so a carry a spare sansa... just in case...

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #423 of 830
yeah, thanks zerafa for the V :)

but i dont believe in those under-20h-battery-time-players, whats the point if you have to sit on wire :) , surely not portable for me.
glad that v has it covered , with ~60h of music playback if im not mistaken

anyone tested wich fw has more bass ? :) im too lazy

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #424 of 830
i dont believe in those under-20h-battery-time-players, whats the point if you have to sit on wire :) , surely not portable for me.
glad that v has it covered , with ~60h of music playback if im not mistaken

anyone tested wich fw has more bass ? :) im too lazy

Yes I have - but I am to lazy write it down :wink:

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #426 of 830
i love the studioV, drives all my headfones effortlessly...and the battery never seems to need recharging,
i believe it is solar powered.
tongue.gif

If i plug in the goldencrystal, or LIVE earbuds, omggg...the quest for another W4 or bigticket iems vaporised.
Let me see if the W4 will hit usd200 soon...hmmmmm.
beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #427 of 830

Quote:
i love the studioV, drives all my headfones effortlessly...and the battery never seems to need recharging,
i believe it is solar powered.
tongue.gif

If i plug in the goldencrystal, or LIVE earbuds, omggg...the quest for another W4 or bigticket iems vaporised.
Let me see if the W4 will hit usd200 soon...hmmmmm.
beerchug.gif

Win

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #428 of 830
A thing i miss with the dynamic fw is the ability to lock the keys.. I have it in my pocket most of the time, and sometimes its doing stuff down there!

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #430 of 830

Quote:
A thing i miss with the dynamic fw is the ability to lock the keys.. I have it in my pocket most of the time, and sometimes its doing stuff down there!

So you use the BA firmware? Guess it would make sense since it reduces hiss.

No. I use the dynamic :) there is almost no hiss with the ref 5...

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #432 of 830

Quote:

have you tried ? what do you think of this pairing ? :)
i hated how it sounded with ie8, it was like crap... probably had fake ie8 but seller still does admit it was not  fake. anyway 535's are far better in my opinion, sound quality is very good... not like with some 10$ earphones my ie8 sounded like.

going to compare studio v with cowon d2, like we dont know wich one's gonna win sq wise :D . i really miss playing with cowons EQ :)
EDIT: naaah, dont miss my cowon anymore... V destroyed it in SQ (no wonder :p), only for drumm and bass id like to EQ bass a little bit on V, thats the only thing i can complain.

tried them altogether, no. I tried the 535 back in 2011 and the Studio V got here early 2012 and by the time the V arrived, my fried traded the 535 for 535LE (the red ones)

but I still remember hot the 535 sounds paired with an ipod video so with some imagination, I can roughly estimate how they would sound together 

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #434 of 830
That is the issue with the Studio V. It won't play very nicely with sensitive IEMs. You could try an impedance cable. I find Jack's golden impedance cable to be the best although it still effects the sound in a way that I don't like. It takes the presentation a bit further back where it's not as intimate for me. It resolved all hiss though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back