Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Apr 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #406 of 830

Quote:
Thanks Lee730, I recently sold my FX700 but i agree the bass is better on a leaner source than as warm bassy one as the bass just swamps the sound too much.

TBH with you the IE80s sounds noticeably better on the Studio V than the FX700. This is due to the IE80 having silky smooth treble while the FX700 treble is a bit prominent. The Studio V has a very nice and clear top end so combining that with the FX700 can get fatiguing and annoying on long listening sessions. With the IE80 is makes for a very euphoric and detailed experience. There is hiss on the Studio V but it's not so bad that I can't enjoy the music. Once the music is playing it's a non-issue for me.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #407 of 830
I'm wondering, could this thing power my D2k? And AKG K242HD, but thats a bit more power hungry, or would I be better off with the RoCoo P?

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #408 of 830
Why would you be better off with the RoCoo P? Slimmer? As for the D2k, yes, the Studio-V powers them fine 
basshead.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #409 of 830

Quote:
Why would you be better off with the RoCoo P? Slimmer? As for the D2k, yes, the Studio-V powers them fine 
basshead.gif

Not sure if this is true but I heard a rumor that the new Rocoo BA is suppose to sound as good as the Studio V but without hiss? I am curious if this is true. Jack can you explain? But the next question is the battery life.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #410 of 830

Quote:
I'm wondering, could this thing power my D2k? And AKG K242HD, but thats a bit more power hungry, or would I be better off with the RoCoo P?

this beast powers my hd650 just fine and the sound is such a bliss

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #411 of 830

Quote:
this beast powers my hd650 just fine and the sound is such a bliss

Yeah they have a typo on their website, it says peak power 100mW, and continues power 5mW, instead of 50mW like the RoCoo P.
So I will probably get it then. :p

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #412 of 830

Quote:

Not sure if this is true but I heard a rumor that the new Rocoo BA is suppose to sound as good as the Studio V but without hiss? I am curious if this is true. Jack can you explain? But the next question is the battery life.

I guess we should shoot an email to him.

Maybe I will ask for Rocoo BA instead of P. Just need to wait until all stuff have arrived. 
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #413 of 830

Quote:

Yeah they have a typo on their website, it says peak power 100mW, and continues power 5mW, instead of 50mW like the RoCoo P.
So I will probably get it then. :p

I never read those stuffs, so I dont know anything about the technical aspect. I just try and listen to them and they are a great match. Such a shame that I need to let the Studio V go

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #416 of 830

Quote:
need to pay a few outstanding bills and I am currently building my desktop setup :frowning2:

Then too bad I'm selling me left kidney to buy the D7k while I can, otherwise I would probably buy it

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #420 of 830

Quote:

glad to see that you enjoyed the 535+studio V setup :D

have you tried ? what do you think of this pairing ? :)
i hated how it sounded with ie8, it was like crap... probably had fake ie8 but seller still does admit it was not  fake. anyway 535's are far better in my opinion, sound quality is very good... not like with some 10$ earphones my ie8 sounded like.

going to compare studio v with cowon d2, like we dont know wich one's gonna win sq wise :D . i really miss playing with cowons EQ :)
EDIT: naaah, dont miss my cowon anymore... V destroyed it in SQ (no wonder :p), only for drumm and bass id like to EQ bass a little bit on V, thats the only thing i can complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back