Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Apr 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #376 of 830

If you say so but the Cowon D2 drove ultrasone pro 900 headphones easily. Also my Custom Dynamic Future Sonics MG6Pro. Ok believe what you like and believe what they state as incorrect.
Quote:
The numbers are wrong, the V powers headphones with much more volume and kick than the Cowon.  My J3 can't drive my Fischer audio FA011, nor can my Fiio E10, but the V drives it much more loudly than the others.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #379 of 830
You don't have the V, which is what this entire debate was about...as well as the thread title.  

Bottom Line, believe what ever makes you happiest but the V has a ton of UI problems and downfalls, but one of its strengths is that its much more potent that the Cowon products.  

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #380 of 830

Quote:
You don't have the V, which is what this entire debate was about...as well as the thread title.  

Bottom Line, believe what ever makes you happiest but the V has a ton of UI problems and downfalls, but one of its strengths is that its much more potent that the Cowon products.  

wait.. so bmiamihk does not have, nor tested studio V before? yet he said cowon is better?

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #381 of 830

I heard it from a friend but true I did not buy it. Is that a crime? Have you heard the DX100? Have you heard the Cowon D2? Do you have the JH13 Pro or the Future Sonic custom MG6Pro?
Quote:
wait.. so bmiamihk does not have, nor tested studio V before? yet he said cowon is better?

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #382 of 830

If it sounded any better then the Cowon I would have bought it. I did not buy the Hifiman 801 but I had it for 8 days but I did but=y the DX100 for 800 Dollars.
Quote:

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #383 of 830

Quote:
Quote:

I'm confused and have decided to move beyond the past page or two of comments.  Not a chance in hell the V is weaker than the Apple products or the Cowons.  I really have no idea what his preferences or opinion on sound quality has to do with output power.  I thought that is what we were all talking about before his last post, but then he just changed it a quality debate.  So, I believe this is a lost cause and I won't be defending the V beyond this point, my head hurts and I've got some awesome food about to arrive, some calzones with banana peppers, extra cheese and pepperoni.  Mmm.  Au Revoir :D

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #384 of 830

Quote:
If it sounded any better then the Cowon I would have bought it. I did not buy the Hifiman 801 but I had it for 8 days but I did but=y the DX100 for 800 Dollars.

Yeah bmiamihk I'll tell ya now the Studio V i on an entirely different level from any Cowon or ipod. Even and heavily modded imod would get slaughtered by the V. It is really that good. The fact that I don't feel the need to use EQ with my IE80s is also another big plus, (I hate using EQ).. Just set it and forget it. I usually go up to volume 9 or 10 and that is considered loud to me. It goes up to 31.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #385 of 830
Ok well it depends on the style of the music in my opinion. If I am listening to classical music or guitar and such yeah no need for EQ or BASS. What if I listen to Bass, dance, Dj sets, house, funk? Also I stated it lacks enough power for what I use.

Quote:
Yeah bmiamihk I'll tell ya now the Studio V i on an entirely different level from any Cowon or ipod. Even and heavily modded imod would get slaughtered by the V. It is really that good. The fact that I don't feel the need to use EQ with my IE80s is also another big plus, (I hate using EQ).. Just set it and forget it. I usually go up to volume 9 or 10 and that is considered loud to me. It goes up to 31.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #386 of 830

Quote:
I heard it from a friend but true I did not buy it. Is that a crime? Have you heard the DX100? Have you heard the Cowon D2? Do you have the JH13 Pro or the Future Sonic custom MG6Pro?

Well, then, if you are unable to justify that Cowon sounds better, please do not comment. It's like going to the hm801 thread and saying dx100 sounds better without actually trying the hm801.

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #387 of 830

Quote:

even if you have a stax o2, a ferrarri, or bentley, i couldn't care less.. the point is now you're saying things that you haven't even tried yet. LOL

God, what does this have anything to do with JH13PRO anyway. trying to show off, mister?
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #388 of 830

BIG info - I have TRIED the Hisound and the 801.
Quote:

even if you have a stax o2, a ferrarri, or bentley, i couldn't care less.. the point is now you're saying things that you haven't even tried yet. LOL

God, what does this have anything to do with JH13PRO anyway. trying to show off, mister?
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #389 of 830

If you have it why not show it to others?

Quote:

beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png

Quote:
BIG info - I have TRIED the Hisound and the 801.

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #390 of 830

8 days using the 801 and 2 hrs on the Hisound.

Quote:
Well, then, if you are unable to justify that cowon j3 sounds better, please do not comment. It's like going to the hm801 thread and saying dx100 sounds better without actually trying the hm801.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back