Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Aug 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #541 of 830
Quote:
[size=11pt]Hi All[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Just create a user here as my J3 died this morning and I am [/size][size=10pt]despairingly [/size][size=11pt]looking for a substitute...[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Nothing in actual Cowon catalog (very good battery life is mandatory) and it seems the Studio V is a very good candidate....[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Any information on when the 3rd anniversary (I don’t know if I am going on the regular or the new one though) version will be available and where in Singapore I can find such marvel?[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Thanks![/size]

If you are interested in a Studio V 3rd ANV contact Jack from Hisound (hisound) via PM and discuss the details with him. What will you be using it with (IEMs?).

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #543 of 830
Quote:
Thanks for the tip...
Got Earsonics EM4, love them :)

Well Notred I can tell you the Studio V is very energetic and rich. The sound is in no way warm. Treble is well extended and detailed. Bass is tight and lean. The mid range is upfront and intimate. The sound-stage very wide and airy; the imaging is very strong. The Cowon doesn't compare to the Studio V in sound quality period. They are in a different level. Are your IEMs very sensitive or a bit more hard to drive?

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #544 of 830
Not very sensitive... Impedance is around 60 Ohm... I am using them on a low quality source (old Archos 404), it's a nightmare
triportsad.gif

EM4, treble is extremely detailed, articulate but never aggressive, bass are incredibly rich and fast, they are going very low. The medium is neutral and with beautiful timbre and transparency. Soundstage extends in 3D....well when the recording is fine....

My only interrogation is whether going on Studio V or V+ as there is probably some good opportunities on the former model to come....

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #545 of 830
Quote:
Not very sensitive... Impedance is around 60 Ohm... I am using them on a low quality source (old Archos 404), it's a nightmare
triportsad.gif

EM4, treble is extremely detailed, articulate but never aggressive, bass are incredibly rich and fast, they are going very low. The medium is neutral and with beautiful timbre and transparency. Soundstage extends in 3D....well when the recording is fine....

My only interrogation is whether going on Studio V or V+ as there is probably some good opportunities on the former model to come....

The new Studio V would be a good bet since you said your IEMs aren't very sensitive. Means you most likely won't pick up hiss during music playback. On my IE80s I used a 30 Ohm adapter which completely solved that regardless and without any negative effects to the sound. If you are looking for a great player then I think you found it. The UI isn't the best in the world but it is easily workable. Just access your files via the Resource menu and set up your music files in folders and access them that way. Kinda like playlists. You could opt for the older model but the hiss is noticeably more apparent on it and I'm not sure if that will be to your liking.

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #546 of 830
Quote:
[size=11pt]Hi All[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Just create a user here as my J3 died this morning and I am [/size][size=10pt]despairingly [/size][size=11pt]looking for a substitute...[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Nothing in actual Cowon catalog (very good battery life is mandatory) and it seems the Studio V is a very good candidate....[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Any information on when the 3rd anniversary (I don’t know if I am going on the regular or the new one though) version will be available and where in Singapore I can find such marvel?[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Thanks![/size]

No one distributes it in Singapore currently.  Only way to get it is to buy 2nd hand or to get it direct from Jack from hisoundaudio. Jaben has a studio v in adelphi, but the unit is not for sale.

Perhaps Stero may eventually carry it one day.

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #547 of 830
Quote:

No one distributes it in Singapore currently.  Only way to get it is to buy 2nd hand or to get it direct from Jack from hisoundaudio. Jaben has a studio v in adelphi, but the unit is not for sale.

Perhaps Stero may eventually carry it one day.

TREOO from Sigapore has been our dealer from now on. They have placed an order to us today, maybe the goods will arrive to their store next week.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #551 of 830
Quote:

TREOO from Sigapore has been our dealer from now on. They have placed an order to us today, maybe the goods will arrive to their store next week.

thanks jack for the good news

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #553 of 830
Quote:
So lightning does that mean you get to try out the V 3rd ANV for yourself? :wink:.

yes will purchasing the 3rd ANV on monday. will have to sell my old unit since funds abit tight for me right now
redface.gif
. really excited on purchasing it

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #554 of 830
Quote:
yes will purchasing the 3rd ANV on monday. will have to sell my old unit since funds abit tight for me right now
redface.gif
. really excited on purchasing it

I think you will like the improvements the unit brings. Once I had more time with it I came to realize the added clarity, treble refinement the unit possesses over its older sister. Plus the fact that the hiss is greatly reduced as is is a great plus. I'm actually hoping my replacement unit will possibly have less hiss according to Jack. Could be that the circuit-board on my other unit was causing problems. The unit wasn't holding a charge and was clearly telling you it has a Class A amp with the heat it generated :p.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #555 of 830
Quote:
I think you will like the improvements the unit brings. Once I had more time with it I came to realize the added clarity, treble refinement the unit possesses over its older sister. Plus the fact that the hiss is greatly reduced as is is a great plus. I'm actually hoping my replacement unit will possibly have less hiss according to Jack. Could be that the circuit-board on my other unit was causing problems. The unit wasn't holding a charge and was clearly telling you it has a Class A amp with the heat :p.

would be great if the hiss is reduced from the 2nd edition. i had the chance to try some other DAP yesterday and i feel only the studio v bring my IEM to its full potential in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back