Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Aug 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #526 of 830
Quote:
What did you do to improve on the hiss....is it firmware adaptable? Or is it strictly only on this new player?

HI, Maguire:
Thank you for your question.
We have redesigned the circuit. We have optimized the "circuit layout" and optimized the main key components to improve the overal sound quality and reduce the hiss level.

Yes, it is sticked on the new players.
The STUDIO V is still keepping selling. for to most  consumers, it is ok for most earphones pairing.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #528 of 830
Thanks Jack, the new version will no doubt be a monster player... Mine is very good to but its using with my sensitive customs that gives me this problem. On another note I love the way it also can be used as an amp, as it drives my IEMs wonderfully. :)

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #529 of 830
Quote:
Thanks Jack, the new version will no doubt be a monster player... Mine is very good to but its using with my sensitive customs that gives me this problem. On another note I love the way it also can be used as an amp, as it drives my IEMs wonderfully. :)

Maguire I'll keep you posted on how the 3rd ANV pairs with my Tralucent 1Plus2 IEMs. I'm waiting for my replacement cable as well as my replacement Studio V lol. Go figure both break around the same time :p. My Silver Cabled IE80s are by far the most sensitive IEMs I've had to date and will clearly show hiss if its there.

@ Whippler you can format the micro SDXC card to FAT32 and it will work in the Studio V as well as most other DAPs with micro SD card support. Keep in mind I have heard this will void your Sandisk warranty. I still did it myself as I'd have no reason for such a card if I can't use it in my DAPs.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #530 of 830
Got the card on my tablet, if i buy this player will switch it here, bought it pretty cheap from the internet so even if it breaks, not going to bother with the warranty. Too much hassle to send it somewhere.

so i hear this is better than Hifiman?.. tired with this damn battery life on this thing.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #531 of 830
IMO the Studio V is a significant upgrade over the 601. I haven't heard the 602 but I still have my doubts that even its mid-range can compete with the Studio Vs.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #532 of 830
agreed that on their own the Studio wins, but the line out of the 601 sounds much better than it's headphone
output and better than the Studio Vs weird max volume line out.

So my HM-601 into a GS Voyager beats my Studio solo or with amp.

So I need both!!!!
etysmile.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #533 of 830
hi guys
I already have itouch with lod (alo audio cryo dock) and arrow 4G, I am not satisfied with SQ of this setup, do you think that buying a studio V (and let itouch and arrow 4G to go) is a  huge step up in sound quality (not just sound preference) ? (I want more clean and natural - maybe cold- sound)

thanks

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #534 of 830
Quote:
hi guys
I already have itouch with lod (alo audio cryo dock) and arrow 4G, I am not satisfied with SQ of this setup, do you think that buying a studio V (and let itouch and arrow 4G to go) is a  huge step up in sound quality (not just sound preference) ? (I want more clean and natural - maybe cold- sound)

thanks

What files and what don't you like. I think the LO from the #G is VG. I've got a Studio on the way as I don't want to carry all that kit but sound quality should be quite good in your setup but I don't know thw arrow.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #536 of 830
Quote:
hi guys

thanks

Kinda funny how you mention cold and natural. Those 2 kinda go against each other generally. The Studio V is quite neutral, with very energetic treble/imaging, wide/airy sound stage, upfront/intimate mid-range and very lean and tight bass.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #537 of 830
Quote:
hi guys

thanks

The Arrow is a warmer amp and the Studio V is a good step up from all the Touches I have heard (2G and 3G) and will give you a more natural but thinner (colder/not as warm) sound.  What do you plan on connecting to it as synergy is important.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #538 of 830
Quote:
What files and what don't you like. I think the LO from the #G is VG. I've got a Studio on the way as I don't want to carry all that kit but sound quality should be quite good in your setup but I don't know thw arrow.

thanks
I'm using .flac rock & metal's songs. maybe my weakest system component is the bad mastered (not well recorded) songs.
confused.gif

Quote:

Kinda funny how you mention cold and natural. Those 2 kinda go against each other generally. The Studio V is quite neutral, with very energetic treble/imaging, wide/airy sound stage, upfront/intimate mid-range and very lean and tight bass.

thanks
I said that :

Quote:
(I want more clean and natural - maybe cold- sound)

sorry if that I said some misleading word.
Quote:

The Arrow is a warmer amp and the Studio V is a good step up from all the Touches I have heard (2G and 3G) and will give you a more natural but thinner (colder/not as warm) sound.  What do you plan on connecting to it as synergy is important.

thanks for your responding
already I have w4r and it's some veiled for me (so I use the treble booster on arrow and put it on I ; and it is just fine, no more)
maybe I will go to heir audio 4Ai in future. If the difference of studioV with my current rig is just in sound signature (isn't a good step up in SQ), I keep my rig and will change my IEM.
is hiss noticeable with w4r (or 4Ai)? ( I have 75 ohm adapter)
( maybe I must go and buy something like cowon j3
confused.gif
)
(sorry for my English)

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #539 of 830
Quote:
thanks
I'm using .flac rock & metal's songs. maybe my weakest system component is the bad mastered (not well recorded) songs.
confused.gif

thanks
I said that :

sorry if that I said some misleading world.
thanks for your responding
already I have w4r and it's some veiled for me (so I use the treble booster on arrow and put it on I ; and it is just fine, no more)
maybe I will go to heir audio 4Ai in future. If the difference of studioV with my current rig is just in sound signature (isn't a good step up in SQ), I keep my rig and will change my IEM.
is hiss noticeable with w4r (or 4Ai)? ( I have 75 ohm adapter)
( maybe I must go and buy something like cowon j3
confused.gif
)
(sorry for my English)

Well you say you find yourself adding treble boost on your Arrow. I'd say the Studio V would not require you to add that treble. The treble is very well extended on it. I'd say a 30 Ohm adapter is sufficient to eliminate all audible hiss during playback without ruining the sound. Since you seem to love treble the Studio V will be a good match for your tastes. The large and airy sound stage play very nicely with rock IMO. Plus the mid range is quite upfront and personal.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #540 of 830
[size=11pt]Hi All[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Just create a user here as my J3 died this morning and I am [/size][size=10pt]despairingly [/size][size=11pt]looking for a substitute...[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Nothing in actual Cowon catalog (very good battery life is mandatory) and it seems the Studio V is a very good candidate....[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Any information on when the 3rd anniversary (I don’t know if I am going on the regular or the new one though) version will be available and where in Singapore I can find such marvel?[/size]
[size=11pt][/size]
[size=11pt]Thanks![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back