Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Jan 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #151 of 830
Quote:
From beginning to end, I did exactly as follows:

• With the Studio-V already off, I pushed the RESET button down for a second or two, then released.
  • I then held the MIDDLE key for 2-3 seconds, and of course, the player shouldn't turn on, because of step 1.I then released the MIDDLE key.
  • I waited ~15 seconds.
  • After ~15 seconds, I held the UP key, and all the while, I connected the USB cable to my Studio-V.

Do you need to use all those steps? Here's what I did (at least this is what I think the Instructions said and it worked)

• Removed the microSD card
  • Kept the Center + Up key pressed while connecting the USB cable to the Laptop. RoCoo is recognized as "USB Input Device" by Windows 7.
  • Ran the firmware updater with "Format" option enabled.

I have always used "Safely Remove" for all external devices for as long as I can remember. So, no changes on that front.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #152 of 830

Quote:
Quote:

Did you download the latest firmware file I uploaded to the dedicated firmware thread? If not, you're most likely still on the older one.

Well my version is 12.11.1223 so unless the old firmware has the same number version #, I think I'm using the updated version. Still doesn't explain why I had to remove the v3.2 tags from my flac files to get them to play?

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #153 of 830
is there any way that i can browse the files from internal and external memory in one big folder?

it's not that im going to forget the 4gb internal memory once i get 32gb card though, you still can put some .wav files in those 4gb space. such a waste, yet too troublesome to do the navigation from one folder to another.. :frowning2:

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #154 of 830

Quote:
is there any way that i can browse the files from internal and external memory in one big folder?

it's not that im going to forget the 4gb internal memory once i get 32gb card though, you still can put some .wav files in those 4gb space. such a waste, yet too troublesome to do the navigation from one folder to another.. :frowning2:

Lol are you serious? It's not that hard to switch from the external folder to the internal one through the Resources menu. There may be a way to listen to all the tracks in one menu but it's not all organized...

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #155 of 830

Quote:

Lol are you serious? It's not that hard to switch from the external folder to the internal one through the Resources menu. There may be a way to listen to all the tracks in one menu but it's not all organized...

it is that hard.. if you were in the middle of eargasm moment
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

and, you were talking about the 'now playing' feature?

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #156 of 830

Quote:
it is that hard.. if you were in the middle of eargasm moment
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

and, you were talking about the 'now playing' feature?

The "Now Playing feature" is probably it. I really only see it useful for random access. I much rather use the resource directory to access my music (same concept as playlists but manually made).

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #157 of 830
Quote:
Do you need to use all those steps? 

Your method is far more efficient, and probably works just the same, my friend. I'm merely going by whatever the original instructions document read, just to be on the safe side.

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #158 of 830
All the while I use esanthosh method to update FW. With old FW the folder is empty or is "?" is because when u add or delete file/folder on memory the player cannot update the playlist and file in the system folder, so with delete the system folder and playlist, when player start it will recreate the playlist and system file.

note: actually if u know which file to delete in system folder than u no need to delete the whole folder.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #159 of 830

Quote:
All the while I use esanthosh method to update FW. With old FW the folder is empty or is "?" is because when u add or delete file/folder on memory the player cannot update the playlist and file in the system folder, so with delete the system folder and playlist, when player start it will recreate the playlist and system file.

note: actually if u know which file to delete in system folder than u no need to delete the whole folder.

delete those file name start with SD*.* 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #160 of 830
[size=medium]                                                             Note[/size]

Due to some users need to pare the high sensitive IEMs with ROCOO P or STUDIO-V which may have some slightly hiss to some listener to tolerate, we will have two solution for them.
1, Add in a good quality impedance cable ( adaptor, 70 OHM is recommended),

2, Those who intend to pair only with their high sensitive IEMs can require the customized Studio-BA version. The price will be $ 30 dollar higher than the STUDIO—V. The Studio BA version will have relatively lower output power. But it is enough for all mini earphones but not enough for full size headphones
Please be aware, only few IEMs and only few portion of users has the hiss problem with ROCOO P or STUDIO-v with their high sensitive IEMs. So, for the new potential buyers, We recommend to consider the first solution. For if you really can’t stand the possible hiss, you can use the impedance cable to delete it.

Any Hisound’s players users can PM me with the name, address, phone number, zip, for buying the Golden impedance cable with the specially price of $ 59/2= 29.5 , included shipping fees)

Hisoundaudio.CoLtd.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #161 of 830
Getting my Studio-V tomorrow since I decided to take a risk and pick one up at 50% off at the end of last year, hope it turns out great. Wanted to wait for the DX100 but I highly suspect the iBasso is gonna cost north of 800USD and I'm saving for a Schiit Statement DAC :)

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #162 of 830
Sigh, just got my studio today but the label for micro sd/usb have somehow been switched with the label for the headphone out and line in. So I've got a headphone out with the usb logo underneath :frowning2: Sigh, have to send it back now :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #163 of 830
Can the STUDIO-V play flac files with resolutions higher than 16/44.1 (CD) ? Mine will not play 24/88 (Audio DVD), or 24/96 (Hi Res), or 24/192 (Master Tape Res) flac files.

If this is true...What!?!?!?

This means the 'STUDIO' cannot play 'Studio Quality' recordings!  Even my little CLIP+ w/Rockbox can play EVERY flac mentioned above, period!!

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #164 of 830

Quote:
Can the STUDIO-V play flac files with resolutions higher than 16/44.1 (CD) ? Mine will not play 24/88 (Audio DVD), or 24/96 (Hi Res), or 24/192 (Master Tape Res) flac files.

If this is true...What!?!?!?

This means the 'STUDIO' cannot play 'Studio Quality' recordings!  Even my little CLIP+ w/Rockbox can play EVERY flac mentioned above, period!!

Interesting. Well I only use CD FLAC but you do have a good point...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back