** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images
Mar 22, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 126
Not sure what you mean by your question?

I think he means, "Does it have a hold switch or something close?"

No, it doesn't. Hopefully Hisound hasn't given up on tweaking firmware though, as it has been mentioned several times.....

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #17 of 126

Quote:
I think he means, "Does it have a hold switch or something close?"

No, it doesn't. Hopefully Hisound hasn't given up on tweaking firmware though, as it has been mentioned several times.....

That is particularly important regarding the volume control. I've had it shoot up on me before. Not fun at all. Also being able to go back in the music option or more so the folder you have accessed would make this player perfect IMO. I don't like having to go all the way back to the resource menu and then scroll to the folder all over again to just choose a certain song. I'd like the option of being able to go back with a click of a button, within the same folder to choose different songs by choice. Then if I want, I can click again and go back to all the folders listed in the resource menu with another click of a button.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #18 of 126
I agree. Hisound should be able to do this fairly easily with a firmware update, no?

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #19 of 126
Maybe if enough people pester them to do it they will actually work on it. I've already sent him a few emails regarding this. He said he'll forward it to his firmware team and see if they think its worth it. I think more should hound him on this as I think it needs to be implemented.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #20 of 126

Quote:
That's a very reasonable question.  I have through my own personal research come to the conclusion that there are three versions: Studio, Studio-I and the latest Studio-V, all included numerous firmwares. I do predict that the next release will be a Studio-X !

thanks for the answer, are they have any noticeable difference physicial design? 

May 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #22 of 126
Nice review! Will receive my studio V in a week time:)

May 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #25 of 126
Quote:
Nice review SW. I recommend you clean the tags up and remove all album art from these files that are loaded onto your Studio V. Remove all ID 3V2 tags as they don't play nicely with the V  and replace them with ID3v1 tags. This can all be done easily on the fly with mp3tag. PM me for specific directions on how to do this in literally minutes to avoid having to manually make these changes (which can be a nightmare). This should greatly improve boot times and I'm sure, resolve you freezing issues (although the UI is still very buggy other than using the resource manager).

I was also informed that letting the V play for days on end won't yield you the longest battery life. If you test it by playing it back in 5 hour intervals you should get 55+ hours of flac playback time while 80+ with lossy files.

Having owned a Studio V for not quite a month, I've learned that clean tags with all album art removed (from the tags and the folders) really makes the UI much less annoying, and I unequivocally second Mp3tag (newest vesion 2.50, homepage: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) as an excellent freeware solution for all tagging needs.  Also, Resource Manager, while still quite lacking, is presently the most efficient way to navigate that I've found.  Finally, for what it's worth, I tested a fully charged battery by repeating a folder containing 117 mp3 files at V0 (~245 kbps) at volume level 13 with Screen Off set to Off (a double negative meaning that the screen was always on), and acheived 37+ hours of playback.  Unfortunately, the firmware is such that the tracks played in the order 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 11, 110, 111, ..., you get the idea, but the battery life is stellar.   

May 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #26 of 126
Quote:

Having owned a Studio V for not quite a month, I've learned that clean tags with all album art removed (from the tags and the folders) really makes the UI much less annoying, and I unequivocally second Mp3tag (newest vesion 2.50, homepage: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) as an excellent freeware solution for all tagging needs.  Also, Resource Manager, while still quite lacking, is presently the most efficient way to navigate that I've found.  Finally, for what it's worth, I tested a fully charged battery by repeating a folder containing 117 mp3 files at V0 (~245 kbps) at volume level 13 with Screen Off set to Off (a double negative meaning that the screen was always on), and acheived 37+ hours of playback.  Unfortunately, the firmware is such that the tracks played in the order 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 11, 110, 111, ..., you get the idea, but the battery life is stellar.   

I also use Mp3tag. A lifesaver IMO.

Battery life, i got 42 hours continuous playback at level 12. According to the specs, it has 80+ hrs at level 3. I really cannot complain about the battery. Simply the longest i have ever seen, totally outclasses most other DAPs (in terms of battery life).

May 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #27 of 126
You were right :) 5 way is the my only earphone that sounds good with Studio V. :)
Quote:
If the poster below can enjoy them with his miracles I bet your SE5Ways will be a non-issue and a joy with the Studio V :).

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #30 of 126
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the: Hisoundaudio PDAA-1 Studio-V Double Template IEM, and the Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A?

Can you change firmware on the class A to optimize sound like you can on the double template?

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back