** Hisoundaudio Studio V Class A Portable Dap ** - Review with HD Images
Jul 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #36 of 126
No I don't think so. But I think it does support up to 16/48. If you want pure 24/96/192 playback the DX100 is hard to beat.

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #38 of 126
Quote:
Thanks, I was thinking if selling my BA and upgrade to this if it has 24 bit support. Seems like SQ will remain the same. 

The Studio V does have superior sound quality IMO. The advantage I see with the BA is that its hiss is much lower than the Studio V (a little less than half the hiss the Studio has). Other than that I find the Studio V to be superior. But if you have Sensitive IEMs the BA is the better bet due to this. I am using an Amp to attenuate the sound. I also ordered a Low Impedance adapter in hopes of getting good sound right from the HO. To be honest if the Studio didn't hiss it would be my perfect player.

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #39 of 126
Quote:
The Studio V does have superior sound quality IMO. The advantage I see with the BA is that its hiss is much lower than the Studio V (a little less than half the hiss the Studio has). Other than that I find the Studio V to be superior. But if you have Sensitive IEMs the BA is the better bet due to this. I am using an Amp to attenuate the sound. I also ordered a Low Impedance adapter in hopes of getting good sound right from the HO. To be honest if the Studio didn't hiss it would be my perfect player.

I need to try it some day. But from what you have said it seems like BA is fine for now.

Ordered Fischer Audio Eterna and ordering GR07 next. Heard it will be an amazing pair. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #40 of 126
I just really hope they upgrade the firmware for card loading time. Even I removed all the art, it still takes a long time to do it.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #41 of 126
Quote:
I just really hope they upgrade the firmware for card loading time. Even I removed all the art, it still takes a long time to do it.

How long does it take? Mine is roughly 20 seconds until I can use the player? This is filled to max capacity with 32GB Card with FLAC and 4GB on-board....

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #42 of 126
Quote:
How long does it take? Mine is roughly 20 seconds until I can use the player? This is filled to max capacity with 32GB Card with FLAC and 4GB on-board....

wow..that's quick. mine is about 20 minutes

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #44 of 126
Quote:
RFLMAO there is something very wrong my friend :p. Input your files on Mp3tag and send me a full screen shot of what you got so I can see the problem. I'll help you fix it.

lol I know. My songs are in all kinds of format. and they are usually really large files. Can't be bothered to convert all that to 320 kbps mp3 :) I just don't get it why everytime it has to scan the card even I never take the card out.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #45 of 126
Quote:
lol I know. My songs are in all kinds of format. and they are usually really large files. Can't be bothered to convert all that to 320 kbps mp3 :) I just don't get it why everytime it has to scan the card even I never take the card out.

Try to keep them all in FLAC format is possible. So if you have WAV files convert them to FLAC. Also ALAC files don't play well on the Studio V and will take a long long time to load so convert all those to FLAC. Then clean your tags. I posted in-depth directions on how to do this and your player should be running as fast as mine. If it took 20 minutes for my player to load my Studio V would have been slammed against the wall a long time ago :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back