Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #421 of 1,483
To my knowledge yes. Spkrs01 bought one and his unit is black. The earlier models where the silver/gold color. I'm not sure if they reverted back or are still using black again though?

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #422 of 1,483
To my knowledge yes. Spkrs01 bought one and his unit is black. The earlier models where the silver/gold color. I'm not sure if they reverted back or are still using black again though?

If I'm not mistaken Rudi has a black 3rd ANV too. I think there was an occasion Hisound were out of gold casings offering black as an alternative.

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #423 of 1,483
If I'm not mistaken Rudi has a black 3rd ANV too. I think there was an occasion Hisound were out of gold casings offering black as an alternative.

Yep that's true and i think you can specifically order it in black. A few months ago when i was going to buy a second one for my nephew i was given the option.

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #427 of 1,483
My Anniversary is giving me problems right now. The left channel only emits static and the sound is virtually inaudible. I tried different headphones, did a reset and turned on and off. No dice. I just sent a message to Hisound through their website . The website BTW has serious issues. Can't even access firmware and the links are useless. Not holding my breath on this one.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #428 of 1,483
Contact Jack via PM here. Tends to be better access. If you give it a rap and shake it, does anything rattle? The most common issue is a board screw coming loose though the few I've heard about have been harmless. You could have one in a bad spot. If this is the case and the channel returns, it's an easy self fix.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #429 of 1,483
  Contact Jack via PM here. Tends to be better access. If you give it a rap and shake it, does anything rattle? The most common issue is a board screw coming loose though the few I've heard about have been harmless. You could have one in a bad spot. If this is the case and the channel returns, it's an easy self fix.

Damn if your advice didn't do the trick. I didn't here anything rattling in ther, but I gave it a good shake and the problem resolved. Wierd that a high teach device can be fixed with a decidedly no-tech solution.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #430 of 1,483
You probably should open it up and tighten any lose screws that may have caused the issue. You'll have to remove the plastic backing on it which has a metal back plating under it with small screws.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #431 of 1,483
I received a package today from China that contains my broken Studio-V I sent in for repairs during June.

The return is labeled "Unclaimed." Speaking with Jack at Hisound now about the details, etc.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #432 of 1,483
  I received a package today from China that contains my broken Studio-V I sent in for repairs during June.

The return is labeled "Unclaimed." Speaking with Jack at Hisound now about the details, etc.

Well that is good you got it back. But sorry they didn't receive the package to begin with. Makes me wonder if it was indeed stuck in customs due to the battery.....

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #433 of 1,483

Well that is good you got it back. But sorry they didn't receive the package to begin with. Makes me wonder if it was indeed stuck in customs due to the battery.....

Yea, even with mixed feelings upon seeing it, it's definitely good. Hopefully I can get this thing repaired finally.

Sep 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #434 of 1,483
  Damn if your advice didn't do the trick. I didn't here anything rattling in ther, but I gave it a good shake and the problem resolved. Wierd that a high teach device can be fixed with a decidedly no-tech solution.

The back plastic is a stick on with a true metal cover below. Carefully remove it the plastic plate. There are then 4 screw that hold on the back metal cover. Remove it, return the screw to its corner and snug it. Use a tiny touch of nail polish if you're worried about it coming loose again. Replace the back cover and the plastic will restick once firmly pressed.

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #435 of 1,483
Well, the same package that originally shipped my broken Studio-V is off again to visit China. This is round 4, so wish him luck please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back