Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Feb 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #961 of 1,483
  Does anyone know how to get the line-out feature to work? I'm trying to listen to this thing through an external amp, but there's no sound through the line-out.

Please read: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679572/ihifi-760-new-sleeker-dap-from-the-makers-of-the-812v2-960/135#post_10231906

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #963 of 1,483
Does anyone know how the sound compares to the hisound nova? Also how is the reliability of this player? Are the issues ive been reading in this thread mainly just with the firmware or is it a hardware issue? Thanks 
normal_smile .gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #964 of 1,483
For a start the Studio's amp is about 10 x more powerful, in my experience the N3 only works with in ears, it cant drive any of my over ears.
I like the sound of both though the 3rd is a bit more refined.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #966 of 1,483
Yeah, I went back to the original (for my unit), also.  Could never get it to NOT screw up my folder order and the much longer scan/start-up time was a real PITA.

However I did notice a slight change in sound from the re-format...maybe just placebo, but I swear there is more bass coming out now...

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #970 of 1,483
  I'm back to 111223. The new FW ended up too warm for me and I like the scrolling more than I had imagined. 
redface.gif

I tried the latest firmware and I too had to go back to the older one. The scrolling actually worked but it was very slow, about 3-4 seconds between each line. After owning the device for almost 2 years, I just found out that it supports Hi-Res files! It plays 24bit 48kHz music no problem! My 3rd Anniversary now sounds even better! Anybody tried it with the new Sandisk 128GB microsd?

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #974 of 1,483
There is a slight difference from what I recall but I didnt see the difference as note worthy. The firmware was altogether less funtional and more buggy. I recommend staying on the older FW.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #975 of 1,483
There is a slight difference from what I recall but I didnt see the difference as note worthy. The firmware was altogether less functional and more buggy. I recommend staying on the older FW.

This.

I'm actually thinking of asking Jack if it would be possible to adapt a firmware that would:

1. Keep the scrolling
  2. Allow the user to manually select whether or not to update the library or not.

The idea of manually updating would mean instant boot.  I'm using mine now only in folder mode - so it's a PITA waiting for the software initialisation each time it starts.  Far better for me to simply browse the folders.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back