Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Nov 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #601 of 1,483
Thanks goodvibes. That did the trick this time...maybe the first time my volume was too low or something lol.

The manual is confusing as it's all in Chinese as you know. Also, I don't have the HDMS under 'Settings' option on my player. Using FW 2013 and can't seem to use the HisoundAudio FW software with Windows Vista (I'm normally using OS X 10.8). Would love to try the 2011 FW as by most peoples accounts it's less buggy, and overall sound is a bit warmer.

The player works great, just ID tagging my files correctly, drag and dropping files on OS X, and playing WAV and FLAC.  

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #603 of 1,483
just finally weighed mine, and I was correct

Studio-V black 146gms
Studio-V 3rd Anniversary 128gms

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #605 of 1,483
Don't the Anniversary editions have beveled edges to reduce sharpness or something?

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #606 of 1,483
I would get casework also, the old one feels like iron, the new one aluminium
battery life seems the same, ie stupidly good

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #607 of 1,483
Nevermind. Just checked the pics and the bezeling looks the same. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they did something different with that though.

Quote:
  I would get casework also, the old one feels like iron, the new one aluminium
battery life seems the same, ie stupidly good

Perhaps!

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #608 of 1,483
  Thanks goodvibes. That did the trick this time...maybe the first time my volume was too low or something lol.

The manual is confusing as it's all in Chinese as you know. Also, I don't have the HDMS under 'Settings' option on my player. Using FW 2013 and can't seem to use the HisoundAudio FW software with Windows Vista (I'm normally using OS X 10.8). Would love to try the 2011 FW as by most peoples accounts it's less buggy, and overall sound is a bit warmer.

The player works great, just ID tagging my files correctly, drag and dropping files on OS X, and playing WAV and FLAC. 

Just so you know, starting on page 34 the manual switches to English...
biggrin.gif

At least in mine it does...YMMV

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #609 of 1,483
Same with my manual but I was disappointed that it was mostly Chinese, and all the good screen shots and how to's for the firmware procedures were also in Chinese without English counterparts. At least I have the posts in here to show me what to with the FW software. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #610 of 1,483
I don't know if this has already been brought up (read through much of this thread, but not everything), but I found that with the 2011 DYNAMIC firmware installed I've been having some seeking issues.  It's kind of funny and doesn't bother me but here's what happens:

Click & Hold FF button to skim through a track, and when I land and the play mode kicks back in suddenly the stereo channels are reversed.  Do it again, and they're back to normal.  I can replicate this bizarre effect over and over again going either forward or backward in a track.

Ever notice this?  I'm not sure if it happens with other firmware as I haven't had reason to switch back.  I very seldom move through the track like this, but I was auditioning different sets of headphones at the time.

Kind of a funny little bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back