Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Nov 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #586 of 1,483
  It's not really a mod. It's changing the allocation table size during format while updating. 4096 or 2048 are the preferred options. Shouldn't make a bit
rolleyes.gif
of difference but....
wink_face.gif

I still preferred my AK120 that I may get back but hard to argue with the Anv3 and 1/3rd the price(or less).
ksc75smile.gif

What's the benefit here?  Quicker load time?  Menu navigation smoother?

Just wanted to say thanks once again goodvibes!  Your assurance that I most likely didn't brick my player was exactly what my despair required! 
smily_headphones1.gif

With regard to volume....not sure really, I seldom bother looking at the number, but with my Shure IEMs it's around 14...I think?  Picking up a pair of Heir 4.Ai's soon...that's probably going to drop a bit with their 16 Ohm impedance 

Portasound: Yes, that does seem a bit odd - what firmware did you install, or is that what came with the player?

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #588 of 1,483
After lurking and lurking.. and lurking some more. With all the issues, freezing, rebooting, returning, id3 tags & etc., is this player worth considering? 

I was looking for a RoCoo P at first, and the the Studio V 3 Anv. I have a HM601 that I like but it's warmth IMO pairs poorly with my more analytical sets. Are the bugs any better resolved/customer support?

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #590 of 1,483
lol Hisound will stand by their product but of course paying for tracking is a good idea and with the issues with units getting stuck in customs due to the battery. That is something you'd have to address with Jack before sending the unit back for RMA (heaven forbid :p). I think people are using DHL to get around that problem (I'm sure DHL ain't checking for batteries then. To my knowledge that is an option for shipping from Jack when you order also? If I remember correctly that is the shipping used for my first Studio V.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #591 of 1,483
They may stand by their product, but they're standing by it in China. With that said, I'm about to receive my 3rd Studio-V replacement. Of course, not everyone has had the amazing luck I've had, but it's definitely a little risky, IMO.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #592 of 1,483
I just got UE7 pro's and tried to use them with my Studio V 3rd.  I can hear electronic squeaks when changing tracks and hissing noise floor.  I do not hear this with my iGrados or my Klipsch X10's.  I also did not hear this with the demo UE's (4,7,11, etc) I listened to at CanJam.

Any one have a recommendation for me on this? Is it a matter of sensitivity, or fit, or er, burn-in, of the UE7's?

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #593 of 1,483
Just got my Studio V 3rd today. Love the sound! Despite the glitchy UI, it really does sound smoking'.

Full and a lot of depth in the sound staging. Pairing with some well broken-in HD600's. Drives them no problem. Arcade Fire's Reflector in 24bit FLAC is really showing off this player right now for me :)

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #594 of 1,483
  I just got UE7 pro's and tried to use them with my Studio V 3rd.  I can hear electronic squeaks when changing tracks and hissing noise floor.  I do not hear this with my iGrados or my Klipsch X10's.  I also did not hear this with the demo UE's (4,7,11, etc) I listened to at CanJam.

Any one have a recommendation for me on this? Is it a matter of sensitivity, or fit, or er, burn-in, of the UE7's?

You may see some improvement if they smooth out a bit from new but you have chosen a very efficient (124db) and relatively low impedance (17.5) earphone so you'll likely always be aware of it. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #595 of 1,483
  You may see some improvement if they smooth out a bit from new but you have chosen a very efficient (124db) and relatively low impedance (17.5) earphone so you'll likely always be aware of it.

Where did you see the 17.5?

I got this off UE's site:
Technical Specifications & Guides
Input Sensitivity: 124 dB @ 1 kHz, 1mW
Frequency Response: 5Hz - 22kHz
Impedance: 43 Ohms @ 1kHz
Internal Speaker Configuration
: 3 proprietary precision balanced armatures
Noise Isolation: -26 dB
Input Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm) gold plated
Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty.

I will try them out with some other sources and see what I get.

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #596 of 1,483
I saw it in a review but see you're correct. Regardless, 124db is very efficient. About the equivalent to 120db with an 17.5 impedance regarding the noise. Noise can also also be emphasized by a response curve. I've never heard a ue7 so don't know if there's any relation.

The A3 does have a higher noise floor than some other players but it only seems to be an issue with the most efficient devices.

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #597 of 1,483

Has anyone had this issue? Outputting to an amp and all audio tracks don't load but have the smiley face pop up? My Studio 3rd runs fine with headphones, but won't output using the audio out. Only had it a couple of days. Running version FW 2013. I've reset the player, made sure the volume was low into the amp, deleted the System Folder, etc. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #598 of 1,483
You connect the source to that jack you are using. You connect your IEM or headphones to the same audio jack you normally use to get audio lol. Unless you are saying you are using both? Because you need to be plugged into both to be getting audio :). Basically the Jack you are plugged into in the photo is the line in and the regular HO is the line out :wink:. Basically the Studio V can also be used as an amp for an external source and that is what you are doing by plugging in on the right jack :p

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #600 of 1,483

Has anyone had this issue? Outputting to an amp and all audio tracks don't load but have the smiley face pop up? My Studio 3rd runs fine with headphones, but won't output using the audio out. Only had it a couple of days. Running version FW 2013. I've reset the player, made sure the volume was low into the amp, deleted the System Folder, etc. 

That's the Studio 'amp or line in' that you're connected to. It automatically switches to amp only mode when that jack is used.

To use it as a source, use the headphone out like in Worms' pic and switch to hdms in the menu or use full gain. If too much gain (overloading the other amps input), use the V control and not hdms. Turn HDMS off before using it with headphones again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back