Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Jun 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #196 of 1,483
Quote:
You can simple copy the compressed firmware-file in the root-directory, reboot > now you have this firmware on the player !!

That doesn't sound right to me. I'll give it a try but I doubt that will work.

Edit: Hmm I just gave this a try and it does seem to work. But now gotta see if it actually keeps and changes the sound. If so you made the process that much easier lol. Not sure why Hisound didn't figure this out? :wink:

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #198 of 1,483
I just got my Studio V 3rd Anniv. yesterday. I set the player to play songs randomly. My question is, how do I do a "Play All" where the player chooses randomly from any album, one song, and then jumps randomly to another album and so on. It seems that the Now Playing does that, but when I go to Resource Manager and choose the external memory I can only double click and play an album one at a time. I apologize for this rudimentary question, but the manual leaves much to be desired.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #199 of 1,483
Quote:

From beginning to end, I did exactly as follows, after which all files worked flawlessly:

• With the Studio-V already off, push the RESET button down for a second or two, then release.
  • Hold down the MIDDLE key for 2-3 seconds, after which the player shouldn't turn on of course, because of step 1. Then, release the MIDDLE key.
  • Wait ~15 seconds.
  • After ~15 seconds, hold the UP key, and all the while, connect the USB cable to the Studio-V.
  • The windows 'da-dun!' sound should confirm that the Studio-V is connected.
  • Continuing to hold the UP key, and launch the respective firmware .exe file (StUpdaterApp_4MIN.exe in my case; the latest Studio-V dynamic firmware file)
  • At this point, the Studio's screen should appear all fuzzy/grainy, which is what you want. Once this appears, you may now release the UP key.
  • Within the program itself, make sure 'Format Data Area' and 'Full media Erase' are CHECKED.
  • Hit start, and left the software do it's job.
  • Upon completion, safely remove (very important) the Studio-V, switch it on, and confirm that it's fully functional.
  • Reconnect the Studio-V, drag and drop whichever tracks/albums were initially displaying questions marks, and wait for the files to transfer.
  • After the files have transferred, once again, safely removed the Studio-V.
  • Switch it on again, go into the source manager and located the files/albums that were just transferred, and confirm that there are no more question marks.
  • All file formats should now work flawlessly.

The directions above are not mine and are from a former headfier. These directions are much more thorough than the one included in the word document and are easier to follow. As mentioned earlier also try running the actual updater program "as an administrator" (right click, run as admin) which could also be causing you issues (if you don't have the proper privileges in windows).

I've never had to push the center button before holding the up button after reset. Those instructions are not entirely correct. When you hear the da-dun, it's connected and you can release the up button. The player shouldn't show up yet in 'my computer'. If it does, start over. Once the updater is started, it should find the player. At that point and not before, you go to 'my computer' and format it. Now start the updater and there's no need to check any boxes.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #201 of 1,483
so finally after 8 months of owning the studio v 3rd anv mine finally broken.
when i turn on the studio v it have two option when i choose whatever option it wont turn on. my old studio v have this problem too and i have to sent it back to jack for repair.

when i choose ok the screen will goes like this

when i choose cancel the screen will go like this

i have tried to reinstall the firmware and the same shows on the screen when i turn it on, i hope the new firmware will fix my problem if not then i have to sent it back for repair.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #203 of 1,483
Quote:

From beginning to end, I did exactly as follows, after which all files worked flawlessly:

• With the Studio-V already off, push the RESET button down for a second or two, then release.
  • Hold down the MIDDLE key for 2-3 seconds, after which the player shouldn't turn on of course, because of step 1. Then, release the MIDDLE key.
  • Wait ~15 seconds.
  • After ~15 seconds, hold the UP key, and all the while, connect the USB cable to the Studio-V.
  • The windows 'da-dun!' sound should confirm that the Studio-V is connected.
  • Continuing to hold the UP key, and launch the respective firmware .exe file (StUpdaterApp_4MIN.exe in my case; the latest Studio-V dynamic firmware file)
  • At this point, the Studio's screen should appear all fuzzy/grainy, which is what you want. Once this appears, you may now release the UP key.
  • Within the program itself, make sure 'Format Data Area' and 'Full media Erase' are CHECKED.
  • Hit start, and left the software do it's job.
  • Upon completion, safely remove (very important) the Studio-V, switch it on, and confirm that it's fully functional.
  • Reconnect the Studio-V, drag and drop whichever tracks/albums were initially displaying questions marks, and wait for the files to transfer.
  • After the files have transferred, once again, safely removed the Studio-V.
  • Switch it on again, go into the source manager and located the files/albums that were just transferred, and confirm that there are no more question marks.
  • All file formats should now work flawlessly.

The directions above are not mine and are from a former headfier. These directions are much more thorough than the one included in the word document and are easier to follow. As mentioned earlier also try running the actual updater program "as an administrator" (right click, run as admin) which could also be causing you issues (if you don't have the proper privileges in windows).

I tried, temporarily suspended antivirus and redownloaded, followed steps 1-6 (tried right clicking to run as admnistrator, didn't see that option in the menu). Clicked on the software, opens updater window but I get the same error, could not open file. I had originally emailled Jack, he just said wait a few days for the new firmware (which still isn't out AFIK). Really don't want to send back to China yet another time. At least I can depend on my other portable rig-iPod Touch/LOD/National. Pretty good sounding, though a bit bulky. Any other ideas (please, please. please...)

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #204 of 1,483
Quote:
I tried, temporarily suspended antivirus and redownloaded, followed steps 1-6 (tried right clicking to run as admnistrator, didn't see that option in the menu). Clicked on the software, opens updater window but I get the same error, could not open file. I had originally emailled Jack, he just said wait a few days for the new firmware (which still isn't out AFIK). Really don't want to send back to China yet another time. At least I can depend on my other portable rig-iPod Touch/LOD/National. Pretty good sounding, though a bit bulky. Any other ideas (please, please. please...)

Try and open up the firmware updater before you plug in your unit. Do you still get an error when this happens? Maybe you need to redownload the firmware and unzip it again (could be corrupted). If not then try to load the firmware on a different computer. What PC are you using? The OS? Are you running the program as an administrator as I told you?

I'm gonna do the update myself since goodvibes just scared me lol.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #205 of 1,483
Quote:
so finally after 8 months of owning the studio v 3rd anv mine finally broken.
when i turn on the studio v it have two option when i choose whatever option it wont turn on. my old studio v have this problem too and i have to sent it back to jack for repair.

when i choose ok the screen will goes like this

when i choose cancel the screen will go like this

i have tried to reinstall the firmware and the same shows on the screen when i turn it on, i hope the new firmware will fix my problem if not then i have to sent it back for repair.

Sorry to hear this? :frowning2:. I've been fortunate so far (knock on wood).

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #206 of 1,483
Try and open up the firmware updater before you plug in your unit. Do you still get an error when this happens? Maybe you need to redownload the firmware and unzip it again (could be corrupted). If not then try to load the firmware on a different computer. What PC are you using? The OS? Are you running the program as an administrator as I told you?

I was doing it in the order of the guide, I can try it again this way. Running on a Windows 7 PC. AS I mentioned, tried right click, didn't give me run as administrator option. Have downloaded and redownloaded upgrade zip many times, no change. I have a Windows 7 laptop I can try (use for work, try not to get much else on it, but could try this), and an iMac,

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #207 of 1,483
Quote:

I was doing it in the order of the guide, I can try it again this way. Running on a Windows 7 PC. AS I mentioned, tried right click, didn't give me run as administrator option. Have downloaded and redownloaded upgrade zip many times, no change. I have a Windows 7 laptop I can try (use for work, try not to get much else on it, but could try this), and an iMac,

Ok well basically I'm trying to root out the problem here. If you still get that error when starting up the update program even without the Studio V plugged into the machine then there is something causing the error on your machine. But if this error doesn't happen with the Studio V unplugged then the problem most likely lies with the Studio V itself. But also try it on another computer if possible.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #208 of 1,483
Thanks, gotta go to work, I'll try later. Instructions, both versions, have you connect the STUDIO before the exe file. Will try it on another computer.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #209 of 1,483
Quote:
I just got my Studio V 3rd Anniv. yesterday. I set the player to play songs randomly. My question is, how do I do a "Play All" where the player chooses randomly from any album, one song, and then jumps randomly to another album and so on. It seems that the Now Playing does that, but when I go to Resource Manager and choose the external memory I can only double click and play an album one at a time. I apologize for this rudimentary question, but the manual leaves much to be desired.

I can get to the folder section for say the external card, but it still only plays an individual album randomly, not everything on the card. Or I can go to artists, but it will only play one artist at a time, it will also go to folder but ends in the same result. I see the that I can play shuffle with the now playing section though. so maybe that is the only way the player can do it via this firmware.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #210 of 1,483
I'm guessing none of this applies to a Mac (have 1 PC, 1 Mac,and a laptop I use for work. Beenn tryin to avoid the laptop, but I'll use it if no other options-which is seeming to be the case)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back