HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
May 2, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #107 of 116
Just remember to toss the stock tips, they are very very bad....
Also, the Mega5 EST is quite inefficient, need a bit of power to bring out it's full potential.
Listener mentioned that the spinfit cp100 did best at damping some (minor) treble spike. Which tips do you suggest?
I often go for azla with wide bores (xelastec was it?) but wide bores would probably boost treble.

May 3, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #109 of 116
Ups, I think I've joined the hype train, that's a first for me 😁
Excited to see if it is significantly better than what I already have 🤞

May 3, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #110 of 116
Considering these too, I waited a long time for Dusk to be released but unfortunately the long waiting time as well as the QC issues have had me starting to look at other things. I just want to buy one good all-rounder and thats probably the only thing I will be getting. The only one I have right now is a Salnotes Zero.

I think I'll wait a week or 2 and see how any other May releases are received and leaning towards this then. I guess EU orders on Linsoul ?

May 4, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #111 of 116
Considering these too, I waited a long time for Dusk to be released but unfortunately the long waiting time as well as the QC issues have had me starting to look at other things. I just want to buy one good all-rounder and thats probably the only thing I will be getting. The only one I have right now is a Salnotes Zero.

I think I'll wait a week or 2 and see how any other May releases are received and leaning towards this then. I guess EU orders on Linsoul ?
Don't think you can find them anywhere inside EU?
I found my set on the local secondhand marked, as a nice guy who had ended up ordering two sets from AliExpress, offered one of the sets up for sale.

May 4, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #112 of 116
Don't think you can find them anywhere inside EU?
I found my set on the local secondhand marked, as a nice guy who had ended up ordering two sets from AliExpress, offered one of the sets up for sale.
Oh wow, thats cool! Yeah I doubt I will be so lucky, I will have to do a bit more research anyway. I'm EQing my Salnotes to what the 5Est should sound like, but there is such difficulty in the price range (and probably the drivers?) that I would imagine its not really providing me any valuable information.

I'm mainly waiting to see what the DaVinci will be like, I guess. I'm quite curious about that one.

May 5, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #113 of 116
Listener mentioned that the spinfit cp100 did best at damping some (minor) treble spike. Which tips do you suggest?
I often go for azla with wide bores (xelastec was it?) but wide bores would probably boost treble
Danx3k is using the Azla SednaEarfit Standard with good results.
I've been using the Divinus Velvet and find them to be a good pairing.

May 6, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #114 of 116
Danx3k is using the Azla SednaEarfit Standard with good results.
I've been using the Divinus Velvet and find them to be a good pairing.
Divinus Velvet don't do it for me. They kind of slightly dull the sound sig from bass to treble. Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec I & II are doing a wonderful job for me on most of my IEMs. Sound is more vivid.

May 6, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #115 of 116
I’ve actually switched to the Dunu candytips now. I get as good of a seal but they’re much more comfy then the azlas.

The bores narrower though, so they do tame the upper treble ever so slightly (compared to the azlas).

May 6, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #116 of 116
I’ve actually switched to the Dunu candytips now. I get as good of a seal but they’re much more comfy then the azlas.

The bores narrower though, so they do tame the upper treble ever so slightly (compared to the azlas).
Meanwhile, my Mega5EST 7th Anniversary just arrived today. On first listen, the hype is real boys and girls. IEM sounds open (as in Semi-open or open-back headphones )and nicely balanced. I ended up preferring the included Wider Bored Blue Tips. So stock tips aren't all bad as some have said. They instantly sounded better than the Spinfit 100 Plus+ which had messed with the mids and treble presentation. I had used 100+ on the first listen.

Burn-in continues but I do have to say, I already love these. They're not shouty at all yet still detailed enough. They also have that musical soulful tonality I first heard in the original Thieaudio IEMs.

Money is very well spent. I'm very happy with Mega5EST 7th Anniversary. Thanks, Headphones.com review, and Penon Audio. This IEM is perfect for my ears. Monarch is a little shouty, Meteor isn't shouty but too tame in the lower to mid-treble.

Mega5EST 7th Anniversary hits the perfect spots for me but the added benefit of sounding open-back-like was not expected but much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back