High-quality Circumaural Bluetooth Headphones for iPhone 4
Apr 22, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #17 of 19
How do these compare to wired versions? I'm interested in the 550's because of the bluetooth functionality, but if I'm losing a lot of sound quality over a wired headphone and a headphone amp, then what's the point? Especially at that price point?

Now if it's comparable to a HD650 with say a headroom stack then are the days of lugging wires and amps along with an Ipad/Ipod gone?

May 13, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
kha0s said:

One final en passant note to highlight that the current versions of both "Skype" (iPhone/iPad) and "GarageBand" (iPad) don't support bluetooth headphones. If personally found the lack of bluetooth support on the "Skype" iPhone app to be particularly disheartening. It completely subverted my plans to carry out "NoiseGard" conference calls while cleaning up the house. Hopefully Skype's developers will be hammered into including bluetooth support on future versions.

That's about it! Will post extra feedback once I've done some airplane testing.

Cheers!

Don't know about Skype, but Garageband will never support Bluetooth - the latency is too much to allow real-time playback of instruments.

I have a pair of Sennheiser PX 210 BTs (which are simply awesome for the money), and just to test, I've paired them up with my Macbook Pro and tried playing software instruments in Logic Pro - same problem - you hit a key, and the note sounds a good 50-100ms later.  Doesn't sound like much, but the latency of a good digital soundcard for music production is around 5-10 ms, any larger delay than that and it really affects your playing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back