Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus
Stax SR-009
Hi-FiMan HE-6
Audeze LCD-2
Sony MDR-R10
AKG K1000
Shure SRH-1840

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 24
The Sennheiser HD800 and Beyerdynamic's T1 both have innovative dynamic driver designs. The HE90 and Stax SR-009 have electrostatic drivers which are sophisticated and expensive. The Hi-FiMan HE-6 and Audeze LCD-2 utilise planar magnetic drivers which probably aren't as sophisticated as the electrostatics. The HE90 first arrived in the nineteen nineties so modern headphones (dynamic and electrostatic) may now surpass them.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 24
  What about the 20,000 dollar Sennheiser Orpheus? Easily the most EXPENSIVE headphone, I'm not sure about the best but at that price they must be up there. 

Read through this entire super-review:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

That should be the most efficient way of learning about the type of things you seek.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #10 of 24

Read through this entire super-review:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

That should be the most efficient way of learning about the type of things you seek.

Very helpful thank you!
A lot to sift through however 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #14 of 24

I told you to research it. Here is a Google search link to start you on your journey.

Oh, and the weight is not an issue due to its design.

I see how the development and design is very intriguing, and SQ is outstanding, but I still don't see how it is set apart from other high-end cans?

EDIT: I'll look for a comparison review because that might help

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #15 of 24
  I see how the development and design is very intriguing, and SQ is outstanding, but I still don't see how it is set apart from other high-end cans?

EDIT: I'll look for a comparison review because that might help

The main reason I don't go into detail myself is because we're not supposed to recommend headphones we don't own, etc. If you read the reviews and impressions threads out there, you will find many comparisons with other headphones. Many people like it more than every other high-end headphone, though there are plenty who dislike it, which is true for anything. Before you buy any expensive headphone, you should audition it first, and also bear in mind that you will need to pair it with an amplifier, DAC, and other components that can end up being quite costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back